Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

CBR600RRA Build Thread

288K views 2K replies 134 participants last post by  CBR Time 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Purchased new from Honda in late 2011 the bike arrived in HRC colours with no more than the pre-delivery inspection miles on the clock in completely standard trim with no aftermarket parts fitted. Since then the CBR has had a raft of different modifications made to it; some being simply aesthetic and but most for outright performance on track. The intent has always been to build the CBR to UK Superstock specification for both road and track use. In its current form and specification the CBR is pretty much race ready and all the major performance parts have now been added.

Road:

Track:

To navigate through the many posts simply click on a modification listed below to access the relevant page within the build thread. The majority of modifications are listed and there is a wealth of other information and pictures on how the CBR has evolved. Hopefully, this thread will prove useful and interesting to some and I will continue to update the thread in the future.

Modification List:

Engine and Exhaust
Transmission
Suspension
Brakes
Bodywork
Misc.

See less See more
#669 ·
HM Dash

...I'm looking forward to pics with the dash all lit up!
When I finish installing it I will post up pictures of the HM Dash with the different modes selected.

SWEET! the current CBRsix should have gone digital as in the 1K, do you know what colors it is at night, just curious. Great purchase though man, im sure it will have all the important info you're looking for on the track (lap times etc)
The screen is lit by a large blue backlight. When I finally finishing putting the CBR back together I will try and take some photos of it with it on.

#668 ·
SWEET! the current CBRsix should have gone digital as in the 1K, do you know what colors it is at night, just curious. Great purchase though man, im sure it will have all the important info you're looking for on the track (lap times etc)

#671 ·
HM Dash

I've found time today to connect the HM Dash to the ECU and secure the upper fairing bracket back on the CBR. I intend to re-fit the fairings and such like over the weekend. Hopefully once everything is fitted and I've set-up and calibrated the dash I will be able to get out and ride the bike if weather and time permits. Below are a couple of photos taken earlier when I turned the bike back on for the first time. I will post up more photos once everything is finished.

#672 ·
I've found time today to connect the HM Dash to the ECU and secure the upper fairing bracket back on the CBR. I intend to re-fit the fairings and such like over the weekend. Hopefully once everything is fitted and I've set-up and calibrated the dash I will be able to get out and ride the bike if weather and time permits. Below are a couple of photos taken earlier when I turned the bike back on for the first time. I will post up more photos once everything is finished.

Looks awesome. I wish the stock dash looked like that.... ha yea right like honda would ever do something nice like that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#673 · (Edited)
looks absolutely sensational,
just had a look at their website,quite surprised about the price of them,i thought they were much dearer than they are,not that i can afford one but i think they are reasonably priced considering how high tech they are and the fact you can move them to other bikes with new backplate and sofware download
id love one

#675 ·
id be surprised if not boty

#677 ·
HM Dash

Thanks for the comments. I've not quite finished putting everything back on the bike yet but I did find the time to start exploring the menu and set-up options. Put simply this dash is incredibly intuitive and so easy to use and the different modes and display settings are impressive. When time permits I still need to connect it to my PC and download the necessary software to change the odometer reading etc. Once that's done I can get out and ride. That said it won't be until my next trackday that I will really be able to experiment with it and use the lap timer and GPS functions.

More to follow...

#678 ·
Technical Photographs - CBR600RRA Build Thread

Whilst fitting my HM Dash I also took the opportunity to strip the CBR fully to remove any lingering dirt and grime from the first rides of the early part of the year. On a side note I always find looking at the technical photographs that the factory race teams produce quite interesting so I thought I would take a few of my own before re-fitting everything. Below are some photographs of the bike minus the fairings and other road going paraphernalia.

#684 ·
HM Dash

I finally fitted my HM Dash yesterday with assistance from the excellent staff at the HM factory workshop. Generally HM Dashs are normally fitted to race bikes and as such I had a bit of a fitment issue. The dash features an integrated GPS unit which unfortunately fouled against the underside of the screen when the top fairing was re-fitted and therefore not allowing the fixing points to align correctly. After a phone call to HM earlier this week I took the CBR to them to sort the issue. Problem diagnosed they machined a bespoke mounting panel to fit to the existing mounting points.

After fitting the dash I was given a complete run through of all the features and instruction on how to get the best out of it. Suffice to say the menu options available are staggering and what the dash offers is incredible. I've already had a play with it in 'Road' mode and its impressive. As it plugs directly into the ECU all information displayed is instantaneous and accurate and the gear indicator is simply brilliant. On my next trackday I intend to experiment with the GPS lap timer, shift lights and different modes. In short this is probably one of the best purchases I have ever made on a bike and a huge thank you to the staff at HM.

#688 · (Edited)
Update - CBR600RRA Build Thread

Here is the up-to-date modification list:

• Akrapovič Carbon Fibre Chain Guard
  • Akrapovič Carbon Fibre Exhaust Guard
  • Akrapovič Carbon Fibre Front Mudguard
  • Akrapovič Carbon Fibre Heel Guards
  • Akrapovič Carbon Fibre Rear Mudguard
  • Akrapovič Carbon Fibre Side Panels
  • Akrapovič Titanium Slip-on
  • ASV C5 Brake/Clutch Levers
  • Brembo SC Road/Track Front Brake Pads
  • Brembo SP Compound Rear Brake Pads
  • Bridgeport Tyre Valves
  • Bridgestone S20 (Road)
  • Bridgestone R10 (Track)
  • Captive Racing Wheel Spacers
  • Carbon Fibre Lower Fairings
  • Carbon Fibre Middle Fairing Inserts
  • Datatag
  • Dynojet Mapping (110.5bhp/45.6Nm)
  • Dynojet O2 Eliminator
  • Dynojet Power Commander V
  • GB Racing Engine Covers
  • Gilles AXB Chain Adjusters
  • Gilles FX Rearsets
  • Harris Performance Dry Break Fuel Line Coupling
  • Hel Performance Front/Rear Braided Brake Lines
  • HM Dash
  • HM RL Quickshifter
  • Honda Racing Carbon Fuel Cap Cover
  • Honda Racing Carbon Fuel Tank Trim
  • Honda Racing Carbon Rear Cowl Trim
  • Honda Racing Carbon Tank Pad
  • Honda Racing Carbon Top Yoke Cover
  • Honda Racing OEM Seat Cowl
  • Honda Racing Wheel Stripes
  • HRC Fast Action Throttle
  • HRC Oil Filler Cap
  • HRC Oil Sump Bolt
  • HRC Rear Brake Reservoir
  • HRC Throttle Cables
  • K&N Performance Air Filter
  • K&N Performance Oil Filter
  • Lawst Caws Frame Inserts
  • Öhlins 30mm Front Fork Cartridge Kit
  • Öhlins 0.9 Front Fork Springs
  • Öhlins TTX Mk II Rear Shock
  • Öhlins Decals
  • Puig Clear Double Bubble Screen
  • R&G Aero Crash Protectors
  • R&G Cotton Reels
  • R&G Engine Mounts
  • R&G FE
  • R&G Fork Protectors
  • Renthal Hard Anodised Front/Rear Sprockets
  • Renthal Road Race Grips (120mm Medium Compound)
  • Rizoma Mirror Hole Caps (Track Use Only)
  • Rizoma Proguard
  • Screen Decals
  • Stompgrips
  • Ten Kate Racing Carbon Fibre Chain Guard
  • Tsubaki Chain
  • Watsen Design Flushmount Indicators

#689 ·
steller....this bike is mean!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.