Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calling All Michigan Riders (2014)

847K views 21K replies 116 participants last post by  HighzerOfLife 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, so we got riding season coming up in roughly 2 months, and I am sure everyone is ready to ride. But right now I am trying to get a feel on where everyone lives and who's down to ride. Every Tuesday we will be going to Hooters for bike night in Lansing and weekend rides to wherever.

So if people want, lets make a call to all MI riders and start setting up weekend rides and get togethers. As far as introductions, Ill start if off; names Paul, from Lansing, MI.

Reactions: strey117
#3,001 ·
my timing chain is making a ton of noise. its bad enough to where i can hear it over my buddies piped bike cruising. i took it in for valve adjustment and the guy said they werent to far off. so the tensioner is going to be my next step to trying to fix the noise. any recommendations on the rest though? not to sport bike savy lol
-air filter - OEM
-oil change - OEM filter, Rotella T for oil
-plugs - OEM, from Advanced Auto
-brake job - Really like the Carbone Lorraine pads, Spiegler lines
-new rear tire - No comment
-new chain - EK MVXV
-new sprockets - Driven FTMFW!!
-pipe - Whatever sounds the best to you...
-possible paint
-manual timing chain tensioner - Eff that, go OEM, IMO.

#3,003 ·
my timing chain is making a ton of noise. its bad enough to where i can hear it over my buddies piped bike cruising. i took it in for valve adjustment and the guy said they werent to far off. so the tensioner is going to be my next step to trying to fix the noise. any recommendations on the rest though? not to sport bike savy lol
Id stick with an oem tensioner but that's just my opinion.

#3,004 ·
Also If anyone needs and in depth work done to there bike I have the hook up on a certified motorcycle tech that does work on the side. He is doing my valve lash on my bike. I always do my own work but for the price Its not worth me dicking around for hours in a cold garage.

#3,006 ·
Worked on Matt's bike for about an hour today. Got the levers, gas cap, and stripped the tail section for the exhaust and integrated tail section.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com App

Attachments

#3,011 ·
-air filter - OEM
-oil change - OEM filter, Rotella T for oil
-plugs - OEM, from Advanced Auto
-brake job - Really like the Carbone Lorraine pads, Spiegler lines
-new rear tire - No comment
-new chain - EK MVXV
-new sprockets - Driven FTMFW!!
-pipe - Whatever sounds the best to you...
-possible paint
-manual timing chain tensioner - Eff that, go OEM, IMO.
Was that the same sprocket you were using in July during that group ride when your "tire" kept slipping

#3,016 · (Edited)
I guess I've lucked out. I put my -1+2 set up on with a RK chain at 10k miles. At 24k I had to replace the rear sprocket cause the teeth were worn down. All I did was slap a new sprocket on the rear I'm at 32k now and both the front and rear sprockets and chain look good still. I feel Like im pretty rough on them too. Lots up Clutched up wheelies Several trips to the drag strip I launch it at 11-12k when racing. I've had to replace the clutch. but Id say I'm happy with the vortex and RK chain.

#3,018 ·
Was a little too cold outside to work on Matt's bike, soooo...

I brought it inside.

Got the rest of the body panels off, installed the Leo Vince and tail light. Looks good, IMO!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com App

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.