Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2005 CBR600RR - Track Build

46K views 249 replies 33 participants last post by  mckain87 
#1 ·
I've been riding street for two seasons now and finally decided to get a dedicated track bike.
I've always been a fan of the CBR600RR, it was actually my first bike of choice until I came across the 750 I currently own.

After months of searching, I came across a deal that was too good to be pass on, picked up the same week:

The bike was very close to stock with the exception of Armour Bodies bodywork, Galfer SS lines and an Ohlins piston kit.
The previous owner gave me a receipt and apparently there's a Vortex Racing stay, but I think it's OEM, so I'm not sure.

Anyways, I really wasn't digging the colour so the next day I stripped the body work off and sent it for paint...

While the bodywork was off the bike, I ordered some track goodies...

-Full Yoshimura RS-5 Exhaust
-Vortex Rearsets
-Driven Sprockets with DID ERV3 Chain and Probolt sprocket nuts
-TechSpecs
-Canyon Dancer II and some heavy duty straps

That was the first batch any ways...
(more to come)

See less See more
#131 ·
wtf bro! that really sucks

#138 ·
Thanks for the well wishes guys. My Dainese suit held up quite well, so I'll stick to what I know works. Picking up the new FMR gloves as soon as they are released in Canada.

Damage is honestly not bad...
-Brembo bleeder screw
-rear brake peg and the main plate for the Vortex rearsets
-Kill switch/throttle tube/housing/etc are mangled and need replacement.
-Reservoirs (Front and back)
-And a **** load of fiberglass for the fairings

I'll be putting on a Motion Pro revolver kit w/ kill switch to take care of that issue and WC clip ons with 1.5" rise for easier future repair.

#149 ·
Back to square one:

Other than some scratches on the Brembo and a ground off bleeder screw, it seems to be fine. Will update once it has fluid.

Thankfully the tank is just dented, no leaks, etc.

Just waiting on the following parts:
Woodcraft clip ons with 1.5" rise
Yoyodyne fairing stay
Motion Pro revolver kit w/ kill switch assembly

I'll post pictures of the body work later.

#160 ·
Thanks bud, I have a broken hand and lack the skills to do any body work so I sent them to one of the body shops we deal with at work.
The guy knows what he's doing and for $125+$100 for paint, I can't really go wrong.

Looking like new:

Can't wait to put them back on the bike and crash again! lol hopefully not for a while though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.