Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Got a state inspection and the tech dropped my bike..

4K views 38 replies 31 participants last post by  BLUETORI 
#1 ·
Went to get a state inspection the other day.. The tech thought he knew how to ride the bike stalled it and then dropped the bike on the left.. cracking my left lower and mid fairings. Now im waiting to talk to the owner.. fml.

#6 ·
says who...

they useually are not worth as much because they are half ass repaired

if repaired properly, the value will remain unchanged.

Reactions: TheX
#34 ·
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a properly repaired bike. It's just that the uninformed public automatically wants to haggle when they hear "dropped." It doesn't matter if you say it fell over parked in your garage or at 11mph in a parking lot, dropped is dropped to most people. In fact, most people I know will avoid any bike that's been dropped regardless of the price. Of course it wouldn't be a problem if you didn't tell the buyer, but it's usually the first question anyone asks when they want to buy a bike.

#10 ·
The tech shouldn't have even gotten on it just to do an inspection. I don't let anyone ride my bike, I don't even like people getting too close to it!

#13 ·
sucks i feel you on this...my gsxr 1000 was totalled by a towing company (bike slid off their tow truck)....my inspector never rides my bike. i test the braking myself on the painted markings on the concrete floor...after that he does his normal routine inspection signals horn checks mileage.

#16 ·
#18 ·
Sorry for the setback! Hope they don't make the recourse painful. Have them fix it properly and don't accept it back if you're not happy with it.

Next time pull it into the bay for them. If they need to test brakes, show them yourself.

#21 ·
probably a good idea to contact ur insurance agent and talk to him/her about it... not putting claim, but explain all and get advise on how to go after the idiot that dropped ur bike if they are not to do the right thing themselves, make sure you cover urself before they say "oh, what r u talking about - those marks were already there" .... :banghead:

#24 ·
i once had my car shocks inspected at a dealership, while trying to explain to the guy how he should not press down hard on my fenders and f*ck them up, i pressed down to hard on one corner and dented it. im an idiot.

anyway, techs handle expensive equipment and are bound to go wrong sometime

#26 ·
^^^ Why the personal attack? Grow the **ck up.

#27 ·
No kidding. And anyways:
1 North Dakota is not split in two
2 we aren't in the middle of nowhere, we are right where we like to be (as far away from people like you as we can get)
3 its not too cold here, its just too damn hot in so.cal.
4 who needs a beach when we can walk outside and breath the freshest air in the whole country?
5 predominantly white?? Who the f*ck cares what the common nationality is in an area
6 next to Canada? Id rather be here than CA
7 inbreeding? What does that have to do with anything besides you don't know that that happens in Kentucky

Sent while traveling the world

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.