Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

HOW To : Make Custom Go-pro Camera ARM Mount (lots of picture)

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Nuttynu 
#1 ·
this how to is really easy and cheap, its been done before, cause i saw my buddy having this setup at the track.. super cheap and easy, im am showing you the basic, form here you can think of all the other mounts style you can Via the suction cup and such. LETS BEGIN...

disclaimer; please take caution and use a tethering system like a shoe lace, just in case the camera fail. i am not responsible for any damage or lost to your Go-pro

-----------------------------------------------------

supplies need--

Gopro camera

gopro misc mounts

1/8" X 1/2" - 3' aluminium sticks.( you can find this at Lowesl, cost $4 a stick)

power Drill

Drill bit size 13/64

Hacksaw

some tape

a block of wood for back board(not necessary)

some patience.

-------------------------

i'm sure by now ya get the whole idea already,

well pretty simple.. ima let the picture explain themselves a bit.

Get your 2 sticks, cut them to desire lenth..1 foot...etc. i have not cut mines yet. hack it.

tape them both up so they are nice an flush, so when you drill it, you wont be off.

get your 13/64 bit set in your drill and drill the center.

DRILL IT SLOWY!! I MEAN I, DONT APPLY SO MUCH PRESUURE. LET THE DRILL DO THE WORK OR ELSE YOUR GOING TO GET AN CRAPY HO.

clean it and mount that suck on..

if you have a grinder, you can also grind the ends so they're more of a "U" shape rather than a edge. therefore it can adjust when mounted..

tada..:banger:

hope this gives ya some ideas..

yes i know youll look a bit weird now with a camera sticking out a foot of your helmet.

See less See more
#4 ·
Why would you want to do this? Wouldn't this get in the way as soon as you tuck behind the windscreen? Why not just mount the camera on your bike or on top of the helmet?

I would also see this as a hazard if you go down. I can't see some trackday organizations allowing this to pass tech. Now if you installed it at the tail of the bike to get a better angle for your body position by having the camera back further then I'd understand.

I still give you a +1 for creativeness.

#5 ·
Agreed with Harry. Very creative way to mount but there's no way most of the track orgs I ride with would ever let my helmet pass spec, and frankly I'm not sure if I'd even want that last one on my helmet lol. Very cool though

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.