Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Might Have to Say GoodBye On Tuesday...

31K views 438 replies 78 participants last post by  Bridge_Jumper 
#1 ·
So I got pulled over last week for my license plate being too low, by the California Highway Patrol. They pulled me over and had 3 officer's come in and look at my bike. Had me on the curb everything, searched me, searched the bike. They told me the bike was probably stolen, and they think my VIN # is tampered with. When I purchased the bike, I checked the VIN and the Seller's CA.ID. The name on the title and the VIN # Matched. Didn't see anything fishy to me. I got the bike insured and everything in my name. The registration is paid until September of 2013. So I'm legit as you can get. However, on Tuesday, I have to take my bike to the CHP offices in Redwood City, CA. They told me I have to leave my bike there for a few days while they perform "tests" on it. Well, they really think It's stolen. I don't. What would you guys do? What do you guys think? If it was stolen why the hell wouldn't they just tow it right then and there? Why would they let me ride it home, and around still (I told them this is my ONLY mode of transportation) Also. If the bike was stolen how would I possibly be able to insure a "stolen" VIN #? Any help would be appreciated. Personally I think this is a case of " Young Guy On A Sports Bike Being Harassed"... Any thoughts opinions anything? I'm scared shitless. If they take it, they take a piece of my soul, my transportation and I'm out $4K....Damn man, I hope NONE of you EVER EVER EVER have to go through this heart wrenching ordeal. Thanks guys.

#333 ·
As long as Tribal can show a receipt of such part taken off the bike then he is legit regardless of taking the part off himself or chasing them to collect his exhaust its still
A pain in the ass process and like I stated earlier hopefully the exhaust won't be damaged when he collects it

Reactions: TRIBAL05BLACK
#335 ·
im still stuck bikeless... I miss the **** of being on two wheels. I have to walk everywhere. I don't even have a cage. I'm getting withdrawals and rather depressed. It started to suck, and I'm having a hard time being optimistic. Weak :(

#339 ·
Oh yeah it does. Funny thing. wanted an R6. But EVERY time I've tried to buy one. SOmething falls through. Found a 600RR at a dealership with two bros exhaust and ****. AWESOME. Gonna go check it out next week. And if it is there, BUY IT! hopefully the credit union loans me enough :)... Guess it was fate, that I might possibly end up back on an RR lol.

#341 ·
Pretty sure. I'm waiting on CHP and stuff. I have to call them monday, or someone else. See if I can get my money or my parts back. I'm not sure!

#346 ·
#347 ·
At least u have nice weather bike or no bike its startin to get cold here in the midwest. So no riding the 03 and on top of that i bought a track 06 and past takin my plate off my 03 and rigging up some ghetto brake lights i cant (shouldnt) ride it. And i wanna so bad lol. April is so far away, may have to go south one weekend to ride a track day or 2.

#354 ·
#355 ·
you still on CHP and ATTF about your 600rr?

#356 ·
Yeah I called them today they said they have no word on it. It's getting acid washed for the real VIN to be found. They said it will take a few months before anything happens. When I asked if they were going to do anything to the seller they said "we cannot tell you that information. It is private" so I'm assuming they are after him. It really hit home when I cancelled my insurance today :( weak! I miss my 600RR most of all I miss my BIKE!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#357 ·
few months :cursin: --- they should wash the sellers face with acid, damn thief...
anyways, did u ever get ur extra parts then?
and r u going after the seller or just letting PD take care of it?

#358 ·
He was told to stay away from the seller the only thing he could is bug them on a daily bases until one of two things happen either they take off the parts he paid for off the bike
(Exhaust) or simply give in and tell him come take off the parts himself

#359 ·
what a bunch of bull sh!t, oh well - live and learn i guess :banghead:

#362 · (Edited)
Back in early 90,s I had a CBR 600 F2 stolen I provided the local police detective with evidence , testimony , proof of the bitch who stole my bike , even pictures of my bike Parked in front of his residence did I get anything back hell no not even a bolt off that bike or a red cent
It's possible a lawyer might be able to help tribal but he is broke so unless that lawyer is totally free there is no way Tribal can afford one

#363 ·
yup, why i said maybe a rider attorney could help for free...
i had a cts and when i had some issues with caddy, another cts owner, an attorney gave me some assistance free of charge which i though was out of this world and cool as sh!t and maybe there could be someone out there like that that can help OP

in any case, at least worth a try to see if he can find someone...

#364 ·
I'll be on CHP Like **** on toilet paper Like white on rice on a paper plate with a dixie cup in a snow storm!

#366 ·
#367 ·
#372 ·
Gotta love the pink!!! And yes moeman it's real! Just gotta get insured and everything! That's about it!!! Haha
Vehicle Radio-controlled aircraft Radio-controlled helicopter Aircraft Radio-controlled toy
Vehicle Alloy wheel Tire Rim Car
Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.