Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Silent's build thread

28K views 145 replies 42 participants last post by  SilentSun 
#1 · (Edited)
Sup,

Well the modding bug hit hard and fast.
Within a week of getting the bike I was already licking my lips at the possibility of getting some new pipes.
Wasn't until a good month later however that my wallet had enough Sir Monash in it before I could start.
Anyway, the following is a record of my dream build for my dream bike. I can't deny, it is my pride and joy, to the point that my gf will prob leave me soon.
Pfft...

Enjoy and remember, I will be happy to answer any questions you have, post any pic you want, lap up any critic that you may provide (ideas welcome).
~Nick
-------

1) Like a Virgin:
So here she is, all sweet and innocent.
Rolled off the floor and back to my house with only 3.2km to the dial.

2) The opposite to virgin…
I finally got a tail tidy for the bike.
Sure it's not the best looking thing ever, but beats the hell out of the stock tongue looking thing my plates attached to...

Didn't take too long to install.
Was somewhat nervous considering it was my first time messing around with the bike, but I like the end result:

Before (ugry):

During:

After:

3) Anderson Stand:
Went to local stealership today, picked up a Anderson rear stand and some frame pegs.
Was expensive as fcuk, but figured it was worth it as about to order a Hyperflo and don't want to be relying on my kickstand during the install...

See less See more
#32 ·
Ordered and installed some Black Stomp Grips.

They not only look great but also perform! :banger:

I took the bike out to test in some twisties and holy hell I wish I had them sooner.

Grip was fantastic and I was a lot more confident flipping into adjacent corners, soooo much better than sliding around all over the place. Very happy!

Check em out here

#33 ·
Also received my Carbon fibre inserts and they look fantastic!

I purchased them from tekarbon.com

Rating:
Customer Service: 10/10 - Answered all my questions quickly
Fitting: 8/10 - Had to sand off some gloss on the tabs and a tab on the mid panel was way off... but otherwise, a near perfect mould.
Quality: 10/10 - I can't find any imperfections in the weave or the gloss

Headlight Side Panels

Triangle Side Panels

Small Side Panels
MUCH better than plastic..

Side Tank Panels

Rear Hugger

#50 ·
Out of the two designs you have, I like like the second one the most. Maybe its the blue needle that's throwing me off in the first picture. If I'm not mistaken, the color of the glass/plastic of the needle itself is orange, so if you decide to change needle color, it will be a bit skewed. Also, the redline portion of the tachometer is red too, so the blue won't be as bright as it seems in your pictures.

As far as the quality of BrowningBuck's handiwork, it really is outstanding. I'd go back to him in a heartbeat; I've already purchased two batteries and a gauge cluster from him and I recommend his products to fellow riders.

Here is a shot of mine; you can see what I was talking about on the redline of the tach. Also, I kept the needle stock because I wanted to keep it in instant focus when riding at night, and the contrast of the orange against white & blue provides exactly that.

#39 ·
I 2nd that! The White numbers are easier on the eyes while on the road.. plus the blue may cause you to stare longer?!?!?

I've always wanted the BB GI/LED mod since I saw them back in Feb.. at the time, he was debating on doing it... and my un-patient a$$ couldn't wait, and went w/o the built in GI... SHA-doh!!! indeed.. :banghead:

#44 ·
Silent
Awesome build so far get that silver sub frame triangle painted bro as it will blend in more with the peg holders and your CF

Reactions: SilentSun
#55 ·
Thanks man :D

Actually, I saw this mentioned earlier in a thread I think posted by HighzerOfLife. I have been looking (well not really that hard) around for some suppliers who offer it on the cheap but so far no luck.

Have you had any experience in doing this?

Looks great! But i'm not so keen on the big reflective orange cookies on the tail..
Cheers mate.

Yeah neither, I want to take them off but I got to check to see if its legal first. I'm already pushing it with my plate bracket :p

Cops here are harsh :/

#61 ·
It's a modified 'stock exhaust' bracket I received from Tripage when I ordered the IT.

I will take a few photos of it later and post up. Essentially Tripage had nothing (at the time) that really worked with my exhaust so I had to get all creative.

And yeah, it bends all the way back-and-forth :cruising:

#66 · (Edited)
I've been trying to find info on the install of the MOTYdesign gage and I'm clueless, how easy is the install and what does it entail?
Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Hey man, if you know how to take your nose fairing off, you should be able to install the MOTY gage.

Once you take the fairing off, there will be a couple of bolts that you unscrew that keep the guage in place (also keep an eye out for a few hiding in the fairing stay). Once the bolts and screws are out, you simply pull the guage off and thats that. impulsebsd pretty much summed it all up in HIS post.

The guage itself is plug in and play:

#69 ·
Also installed a new tire the other day as I had a massive puncture. After a massive ride with only 30 meters left until my house and I run over some crap... :cursin:

The hole was too big to plug (plus I had already gotten 8K out of the thing) so I decided to replace it.

Went down to the stealership and bought a new Michelin Radial Pilot Road 2.
It's a sports touring tire that has a harder seam which should hopefully mean I get a few more km's out of it with my daily commute to and from work.

Have only ridden a few k's on it so far however it feels pretty good. I dare say I have lost a little bit of performance going into corners, but rarely do I get the chance to put my knee down around town so that shouldn't be much of a problem..

Will let you know what I think about it once I have had a chance to test her out.

#76 ·
Would it offend you if I said "dingo babies"????

#81 ·
The bike looks great. I especially like the carbon fibre inserts in the mid fairing and around the headlights.
Thanks man, I am really happy with them. The inserts for the middle fairings were a giant pain to get in but worth every drop of sweat, and they look fantastic when you have the bike in the sun.

If you want some, check out the links I posted above each piece, Tekarbon have crazy good customer service so send them an email or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.