Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Help Modding

3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  AF600RR 
#1 ·
Planning on some mods and could use some advice from the experienced builders on here.

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=52

OR

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=107

Which sliders do you recommend? The ones with the m8 screws act as spools as well but I heard that these sort of sliders can dent the swingarm in a crash and are therefore less protective than the fundamental rear axle sliders?

Moving on, Why wouldn't this fit my '11?
http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1154

THX

#3 ·
The bazzaz will fit ur 2011 no worries.

As for the sliders, those swing arm ones are kind of a gimmick imo and are going to offer very little in the way of protection in a crash - the 5mm bolt will prob break and that will be that.

However, you could always just get both and live off the theory that every slider point of contact with the road = less damage to your bike in a crash.

If I had to choose, I would get the axle though.

This post has been deleted
#5 ·
R&G aero bungs, I've crash tested them so I don't recommend anything else and yes spools are M8 for 600rr, those were tested same time, no denting of swingarm, spools are the little ones, cotton reels are the bigger ones i think are better for sliding, trust me spools vs no spools i'd get them, even if you get the extended one that comes off the axel instead its still attached to the swingarm so if the spools will damage it(as said never seen that happen from experience) then so will the extended axel mounting ones, but yea as said ive crash tested spools...

Currently on my 08 is R&G spools, R&G Aero bungs, R&G fork protectors, R&G bar ends

the mirrors and levers still stick out though and indicators but you cant really save the rear tail as nothing sticks out far enough to help that, maybe passenger pegs a bit...but i don't have those on mine
Thanks for the recos, where did you get your R&G accessories from, I am limited to ordering from retailers that accept international credit cards, for example STG only supports local credit cards.

The bazzaz will fit ur 2011 no worries.

As for the sliders, those swing arm ones are kind of a gimmick imo and are going to offer very little in the way of protection in a crash - the 5mm bolt will prob break and that will be that.

However, you could always just get both and live off the theory that every slider point of contact with the road = less damage to your bike in a crash.

If I had to choose, I would get the axle though.
I believe your bike is a Euro spec like mine, do we even need a unit like this? Swan mentioned above that we don't have the restriction on our bikes rendering the upgrade pointless....thoughts?

Check these Rizoma's out - they are much better quality than the Motovation, mostly as they don't screw into the rod via screws... plus, they are only $20 or so more :D
I don't mind dishing out the extra cash if they really are better quality and will hold their own.

So I take it you are never going to get axle protectors (front or back)?

#10 ·
aha seems I got it the wrong way round, its the EU models apparently, hopefully this helps

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=244792

sorry for causing any confusion
Thanks for the clarification swan :shakehand

Ebay? They're usually on there being sold by somebody or other, otherwise ask a member here to ship em:shakehand pick a member that lives in the closest country to you though, if you got money somebody in the world can get you what you want...even if you live in a hole in the ground in the middle of a desert, will just cost more haha
Will look into them for sure, it's either them or the Rizomas.

Yeah we have the same spec bike, I would only get the bazzaz if I was taking her to the track, but as you know, that's a little while off yet..

Funny you should ask, I just purchased the Rizoma axle sliders yesterday, looking to get front fork's when I find some good ones (they look like more of a pain to install though).

I do like the look of brmoore's R&G slider kit though...
About the Bazzaz; likewise, probably a future mod once the skill improvement is substantial.

So you bought Rizomas which mount right onto the axle? These?
http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1331

They make front axle ones as well, here:
http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1322

#11 ·
R&G Crash Protection

I have the following R&G crash protection fitted to my CBR:

• R&G Aero Crash Protectors
  • R&G Cotton Reels
  • R&G Fork Protectors

For aesthetics I also have their frame inserts and tail tidy. I have crashed a few times, predominantly on track, over the years whilst using R&G products and I highly recommend them for the excellent protection they offer. They are relatively easy to source and you may wish to contact R&G directly (www.rg-racing.com) and see if they will ship straight to you.

#12 · (Edited)
I have the following R&G crash protection fitted to my CBR:

• R&G Aero Crash Protectors
  • R&G Cotton Reels
  • R&G Fork Protectors
For aesthetics I also have their frame inserts and tail tidy. I have crashed a few times, predominantly on track, over the years whilst using R&G products and I highly recommend them for the excellent protection they offer. They are relatively easy to source and you may wish to contact R&G directly (www.rg-racing.com) and see if they will ship straight to you.
A lot of their products are listed for 07-08 models, don't they realize it fits all 600s after that?

Did you go for the offset cotton reels or the standard ones (difference is double the price almost)?

Opinions on bar end sliders?

#16 ·
R&G Crash Protection

Did you go for the offset cotton reels or the standard ones (difference is double the price almost)?
I purchased the standard R&G Cotton Reels having used these extensively before. In my opinion the offset ones offer little extra protection and do not allow you to fit aftermarket chain adjusters.

Here is a link to a few photos on my build thread of the R&G kit fitted:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showpost.php?p=3639349&postcount=246

#17 ·
I purchased the standard R&G Cotton Reels having used these extensively before. In my opinion the offset ones offer little extra protection and do not allow you to fit aftermarket chain adjusters.

Here is a link to a few photos on my build thread of the R&G kit fitted:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showpost.php?p=3639349&postcount=246
Thanks for making me drool.

Well, I mentioned this in another thread, but anyways. After carefully inspecting my swingarm today I realized one of the mounting points on the swingarm is messed up after my last crash. Which pretty much forces me to buy the offset ones because it doesn't look like it could be fixed to regain the proper threading to allow anything to be screwed into it.
How important are aftermarket chain adjusters?

#14 ·
I was checking out the front and rear sliders from rizoma, They look clean,
Is it possible to have the rizoma rear and R&G spools on at the same time? I've seen bikes where it looks like they have multiple spools/sliders sets on their rear and just trying to figure out if they would use the same hole :)crackup:)
Basically is it possible to have the rizoma front and rear sliders AND spools because how else will you be able to put the bike on stands if the rizomas get the hole first:drunk:

#15 ·
Basically is it possible to have the rizoma front and rear sliders AND spools because how else will you be able to put the bike on stands if the rizomas get the hole first:drunk:
Yeah bro, I have some woodcraft spools - silver unfortunately... but they are gone as soon as I get my Rizoma kit on. What to replace them with however... not sure yet :p

Your axle sliders go through the rear axle, and your spools go through some rando 5mm holes on the subframe about 10cm or so from the axle.

I don't have a front stand, so not sure about that, but I think you just lift the on the forks or something...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.