Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

What did you do to your 600RR today?

941K views 9K replies 2K participants last post by  ronopolis 
#1 ·
Like the title says...

Just putting this up for those of you that didn't really do anything that significant to start a new thread for... so just add it to the list here.

I'll begin... I put a new chain on. Sprockets still look new and the old chain hadn't started stretching yet. It had kinks in it and a little rust color coming out meaning that the O-rings were shot.

I got 24K miles out of the OEM chain and if I get only 12K cause of not replacing my old sprockets... I'll swap them all next time.

Don't flame me for the old sprockets either.

#8,650 ·
Lubed up the gear stand. After 12k miles it was finally getting sticky now it works like a charm. Weather is really nice out this time of year and for some reason it was not windy today. Not sure why I didn't take it round the block to "test" the newly lubed stand.

#8,651 ·
Started stripping all of the things I've added and began the process of returning it to stock as much as I can. It's not a fun process at all.
I got laid off after being strung along for a couple months of not working but being promised I'd start back April 4th...well that didn't happen and my position has been dissolved. That combined with some veterinary bills, the bike has to go. I'll miss the hell out of it, but maybe in the next couple years or so I can get another bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#8,657 · (Edited)
I am looking for the type of bolt and nut that holds the brake hoses on front fender on a 600RR 2008. I can see them at service manual, but can't see the type of them.
It is possible someone to take a photo of them and type the exact dimensions and post it here please?
It would be such a great help.
Sorry for the off topic

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#8,665 ·
Finished installing the auctmarts fairings, bike officially on the road!

#8,670 ·
Did a PAIR delete by just capping them off, and reconnected crankcase hose to air box. Also adjusted throttle cable at throttle bodies whilst I was in there.

#8,673 ·
I raced 3 races, Demolish my Personal best in the 2nd race by 0.5s then crashed and luckily there was not much damage to the bike other than a more ground down foot peg and slight scrape on the tail fairing.

Manage to get back racing on the 3rd race keeping good speed and finishing the race.

#8,678 ·
Cleaned calipers / pistons and pad pins.

Attachments

#8,680 ·
I've been pretty busy recently, making steady updates to my RR8.

- R&G rad guard (silver)
- R&G bar ends
- R&G tail tidy
- R&G micro indicators (rear)
- R&G rear LED running/brake light
- Proton LED flush mount front indicators
- Clear Stompgrips
- RAM stem mount and X-Grip
- Puig racing tinted double bubble screen
- K&N air filter

Next up will be stainless steel HEL brake lines, rear brake fluid reservoir delete, ASV shorty brake and clutch lever, suspension set up. Got a number of further ideas too thanks to the wealth of knowledge and info on this site!

#8,699 ·
Best thing I have read so far.

Sent from my HTC One M9

Reactions: shinfo
#8,683 ·
Thoroughly cleaned and lubed the chain, detailed the bike, cleaned forks and wiped down with silicone, lubed clutch with dry lube.

#8,684 ·
Did my beginning of the season oil change yesterday, along with a Vortex 520 chain kit (steel sprockets, -1 in the front) then took it out for a first ride of the year today and washed her up.

#8,685 ·
Power Supersport rear tire, because two pieces of glass, a construction nail, and a regular nail slowly worked their way into my Q3's over the weekend at the track at Barber :(. Only the final 3" nail made it all the way into the carcass -.-

But hey, Supersport is a GREAT tire!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.