» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Track Talk > Racers

Racers All u racers and want to be racers

Old 10-21-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
03MachMe
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Drag racing?

ok i know these bikes are a lot more fun going around corners than in a strait line and i fully plan on doing that eventually. however i have been into the drag racing thing for a while with my mustang and was wondering how many of you guys ever take your bikes to the drag strip? i see quite a few bikes at the track here in denton every time i go and was just wondering what kind of times you guys run? we only have the 1/8th mile here in denton but there is a 1/4 not too far. im going this friday with a bunch of my friends who are going to race their mustangs and i know they are going to try and talk me into taking the bike down the track. that WILL NOT happen as i havent been riding long enough but i would like to know an about time it could run just for reference. and my bike is stock performance wise

2008 Honda CBR 1000RR
2003 Mach 1 Mustang
2009 GSX-R 600 candy copper orange. (SOLD)
2005 CBR 600RR repsol replica (SOLD)
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
struckbylitenin
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i would try... but im not good at teh burnouts... lol
Old 10-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #3
mike6001
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A stock 600, assuming you keep the front wheel down and can get through the gears decently, with a newer rider will do a mid 11 in the 1/4 if you're launching at a rpm that won't burn your clutch out after a half dozen passes (7000ish).

A mid 10 is possible with a strapped/lowered front, good rider and 11k rpm launches.
mike6001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
struckbylitenin
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike6001 View Post
A stock 600, assuming you keep the front wheel down and can get through the gears decently, with a newer rider will do a mid 11 in the 1/4 if you're launching at a rpm that won't burn your clutch out after a half dozen passes (7000ish).

A mid 10 is possible with a strapped/lowered front, good rider and 11k rpm launches.

I have seen mid 10 runs done on a 600 without their front end being strapped or lowered. They were just good at launching.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
wvurubberducky
Pocketbike Racer

I have ran an 11.04, no strap and clutchless power shifts from second and up (not to often)

My bike is an 03, two bros s/o only and i weigh 160

facelift grafitti decals, c/f no-cut frame sliders
c/f mirrors, pro-grip c/f tank pad,gas cap cover
yoshimura slip-on, pro-grip grips,
iwin int. tail light, blacked out rear sets, pass. sets
red-bar ends, black levers, c/f swingarm spools
bmc filter, custom seats, red reflective rim stripes, rear res. delete, white wheels
wvurubberducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #6
ashton
Pocketbike Racer

Hey man I have an 04 that I race every week on an 1/8 mile track. I have a blast doing it. I am -1 tooth on the front, PCIII, full Yosh exhaust, 3" lowering link in rear, and the front forks are lowered a few inches in the triple tree. I have 54,000 miles on my bike and i still have the original clutch in it. Seems impossible to me and everyone else but as long as it keeps pulling i will use it. Made my fastest pass 2 weeks ago. I ran a 6.98@ 100.94mph. I was stoked! I launch at 9000rpm and just work the clutch to keep the fron down. The guys on the liter bikes are impressed that i am running times like that but it has takin me a few years to get where i am. If you have any questions or anything man just send me an email. Ashton1313@aol.com Also I have my time slip posted at dragtimes.com Good luck man!
Old 11-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #7
08cbrnj
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i would try here in nj at atco raceway but i would be afraid to wipe out lol
08cbrnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #8
kidnplay01
AMA Supersport Racer

My times, first run ever, 3rd run i slipped the clutch way too much and thus needed to adjust it later on as it was giving me dramas, but it was good fun, watch how they launch, whats happening with the tree with the lights up top when setting it up 2 lots of white lights have to come on to state your ready to go, then the tree does the run down for you to start. and if your racing another down the tree also make sure they have the lights ready up top to race, as i awaited a bout 30-45 sec for the other dude to lign up, max revs at about 8000 and 30-45 oil/clutches dont like

Ohlins- Fork Springs, Shock, S.D, UES Kit 20mm, PCIII, Velocity Stack mod, RS-5 C.F Yoshi, Dynoed, K&N Air Filter, Cox Radiator Guard, Powers Race Railz mod, MOTY Battery, Pazzo Levers, Harris Grips, Stomp Grips, Ram mounting, Custom Fairings, Custom led gauges, C.F -Hugger-Sprocket cover,Exhaust,Heel, Chain, Engine,& clutch guards. Trippage led pegs, 520 Conv, -1 +2 Superlight Sprocket, Comp werkes FE, Dunlop Q2's, EBC Kevlar Heavy Duty Clutch/Springs, Vesrah RJL Pads,Braided brake lines
kidnplay01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement