Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

is anyone thinking of getting a liter bike?

16K views 108 replies 55 participants last post by  07RR guy 
#1 ·
I've been thinking about getting a 1000rr or 1198s or 1199(heard about glitches and some crankcases blowing up (Carlos Checa tested one and blew) :|) but the Ducati grunt!!!!! But I really like the 1000rr 09 or 12' models.

I've been looking in the 1000r.net forums and dammmm!!!
http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95272

what would you get?

#7 ·
If you want a no hassle speed machine then go with 1000rr.

If you want something different, unique and a torque monster the 1x98 is your bike.

If you have money then the 1199 is for you.

I've put extensive kms on a 1000rr and currently own a 1098. I can answer questions on both these bikes.

#35 ·
Have you ridden a 1199(did you hear about Carlos Checa's test ride witht the R?) what would you get, 1199(red) or 1198s(white, red frame)? and how much KM have you put on the 1000rr before getting it service? I know with Ducati's you've got the 1k service, the 3k and etc.

I want a ducati because of the grunt/ looks. The first think I seen/ heard one, I knew I wanted one. But the services are kinda making me think twice, because when I buy a bike I'll ride it LOTS! I'm not thinking about keeping the kms low, like some rides or owners of any motorcycle/ vehicles.

But post a pic of the Ducati :banger:

#19 ·
I'm happy with the 600, although a little more torque for streets would be nice.

I don't think I'd want to sacrifice the mobility of the 600, however.
me too, but i plan to keep my 6 and pick up an 07 1kRR and lighten it up any way i can
(2007 the last year they were still nice! imo)

#20 ·
Nice r1 Matt!!! :thumbup:

I have zero need for a liter bike right now. BUT, if Honda releases the rvf1000r, I will be put on the waiting list immediately. She will be my indoor art piece until I am ready to take the reins.

Otherwise, no need for a literbike in the near foreseeable future for me...

#33 ·
LOL! The 999's were probably the hideous bike they've made as well ... but Ducati :banger:

I heard a lot of negative things about the RSV4 but also heard amazing feed back as well. But also heard of 848 tanks expanding :|

There's so many amazing bikes out these days. It's going to be a hard decision when the time comes.

This post has been deleted
#37 · (Edited)
I am disgusted at all this non 1000RR talk :crackup:

Too many people following their heart over the MIND!!:spank:

John McGuiness, Casey Stoner, hate to break it to you but they ride Honda...:cruising:

The John McGuiness :banger: The Repsol models is super sick and :| Castrol!!!! I will probably end up getting an 1000rr because I'm not loaded and probably can't afford the maintenance fees but a Ducati :cruising: lol!

#41 ·
I think the question to ask is why do you want a liter bike? Unless for some reason you absolutely need the top end speed, then the 600 can do everything a 600 can. Just last month I met a racer at Willow Springs' big track. That track is known for speed. This guys was racing there for 6 years on various bikes. He said his lap time on a 600 was faster than 1000! I know it is hard to believe. But I've heard similar stories before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.