Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

20yrs of the Fireblade

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Maaku 
#1 ·
Interesting to see the CBR1K changes througout the years, the new 12 spoke rims never looked better :)

#8 ·
Thanks for sharing that - interesting to watch it evolve over the years in the design. They've really refined the fit of the fairings. I really loved the tricolor red, white and purple schemes (better with the blue now, but those colors always said Honda to me).

One thing I don't get, and sorry if it's a stupid questions, but why is there always a black piece (or pieces) of plastic on the tank? Is it to stabilize it and reduce vibration? I'm sure there must be a point, but I don't know why they don't make it blend in with the rest of the colors. They've done with with the new 600RR - I know, I'm repetitive and have said it before.

#14 ·
:lol: Yeah, I just don't like that they break up the fairing scheme. It's the same on the new 600RR and the piece under the 2007-2012 model is basically something similar, but makes more sens because it's bigger and doesn't really stick out, but sits closer to the bike if that makes sense. I can see these pieces were put on where there were gaps in the past in the fairings so I'd just always assume it was to stop shaking and there wasn't another way to do it. If anyone knows, chime in. I just don't know why they wouldn't match it to the color of the fairing it's next to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.