Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Bike stands

3K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Bwalton 
#1 ·
Hey, this is my first year having a bike and was wondering if I should get bike stands for when I put my bike away for the winter. Thanks

#2 ·
Bike stands are just a good investment in overall maintenance. Not only will you not have to worry about flat spots on your tires, you can also take off your wheels yourself when you need to swap tires. You can more easily clean your rims. You can check your rotors for warps. You can clean your chain a lot easier. You can change your rear sprocket. I'm sure you get my point by now.

#6 ·
$18 Vortex spools, $40 Harbor Freight stand, great investment. Though wish I would have just bought a matching pair of stands now, I just went with what was local though due to impatience. Made sure I used Loctite on assembly of course!

#7 ·
Pitbulls are nice but you don't need to shell out the cash for those. There are plenty of other stands that work fine. Like its been stated above the harbor freight stand works fine. I have the motostance m-1 and m-6 stands. Like $100 for the pair.

#8 ·
Check out eBay. I found a pair on there that had a make an offer on them. So I offered $55 with free shipping and he accepted. They were the wrong color so I took them in to work and painted them match the bike. Then sprayed the spool clips with spray in tuck bed liner so they wouldn't scratch.

#25 ·
Yeah my pipe is shortened. The seller from eBay was clearancemoto. I used the paint code k7 from a Ford paint color. It's real close you'd never know it wasn't the Honda blue. They are very sturdy too. I can sit on my bike while its on the stands. I am going to get a head lift stand also.
^you got a eBay seller that you got those from so we can all get a deal? Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.