Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

For Sale Rules - Why cant I post?**Updated 6/7/2011**

16K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  Dangy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
For Sale Section Rules

1. eBay links are allowed, but anyone caught bumping up bids or encouraging others to do so, may lose their privileges to post in the classified section.

2. Admin and Mods have the right to delete any item for any reason they see fit. This is a free site but we're not here to see our members get ripped off.

3. If you buy or sell an item, 600RR.net will not be liable for anything sold or bought on the site... It's between the buyer and seller.

4. This isn't an auction site. Set your price for your item. No "Highest bidder" threads and no "make me an offer" threads allowed.

5. You must have more than 100 posts and been a member for 60 days to post in this section. (no post whoring either)

6. Any attempt to bypass the 100 post rule (like posting items for sale in other sections, using PMs to sell items, etc.) or blatant violations of the rules listed above may result in a permanent ban.

7. Buying a membership regardless of which one will not exclude any one from rule # 5. You will still have to meet that rule before gaining access to the classified section.

8. A picture of the item is required at the time of the posting. NO EXCEPTIONS. None of this "I'll post up pictures later" or "PM me for pictures". Your thread will be closed if there are no pictures.

9. For all motorcycle sales, a VIN# is required.

10. A sign must be included in picture of the item. The sign should have these (3) things; user name, 600rr.net and today's date. (This rule would eliminate a buyer receiving a part he/she bought and it not be in the condition the picture shows).

11. When you are selling several items or multiple items, like wheels or anything that goes in sets, pictures must be taken with each individual item by itself showing any damage.

12. Sellers are not allowed to require buyers to pay PayPal fees they would incur. Sellers should include that in their price. This also protects the seller. Reason being, if PayPal gets wind of sellers doing that, they can shut their PayPal account down.

14. SOP required for all classified ads. (Ex. FS: Akrapovic Slip-on Exhaust for 2005 CBR600RR ($450) - Las Vegas, NV).

Any questions contact one of the Mods, if we can't handle it we'll bring it up to an Admin.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Changes to classified section...please read before posting

We have recently decided to add some rules to the classified section. This will be effect immediately.

1. A picture of the item is required at the time of the posting. NO EXCEPTIONS. None of this "i'll post up pictures later" or "PM me for pictures". Your thread will be closed if there are no pictures.
2. A price must be set at time of posting. No "make me an offer" pricing allowed.
3. For all motorcycle sales, a VIN is required.
4. A sign must be included in picture of item. The sign should have these (3) things; user name, 600rr.net and todays date. (This rule would eliminate a buyer receiving a part he/she bought and it not be in the condition the picture shows).
5. When you are selling several items or multiple items, like wheels or anything that goes in sets, pictures must be taken with each individual item by itself showing any damage.
6. Sellers are not allowed to require buyers to pay paypal fees they would incur. Sellers should include that in their price. This also protects the seller. reason being, if paypal gets wind of sellers doing that, they can shut their paypal account down.
7. SOP required for all classified ads. (Ex. FS: Akrapovic Slip-on Exhaust for 2005 CBR600RR ($450) - Las Vegas, NV).

All these rules in addition to the existing rules and requirements for classified section must be followed. If they are not, your thread will be closed. Please feel free to make any suggestions you may have.

Thanks,
thaghost :banger:

#7 ·
We have recently decided to add some rules to the classified section. This will be effect immediately.

4. A sign must be included in picture of item. The sign should have these (3) things; user name, 600rr.net and todays date. (This rule would eliminate a buyer receiving a part he/she bought and it not be in the condition the picture shows).
Can this be added to the image using photoshop or does it have to be in the actual picture? thanks...

#4 ·
soo important he posted it like 12 times!

i like the rule change ;)

#12 ·
I like the new rules except the picture with sign thing is a thumbs down for me. The rest is cool! Would it be fair if u post a pic of the item that that is how the item should arrive or else a refund is in order? So if i have a part collecting dust and i have a pic of it from 2 weeks ago i have to go to storage retake a pic just to post it even though i know it has no damage. Orif i get this right if 1 month later its still not sold and i decide to repost i have to go back to the storage again and retake a pic with a sign..

I guess what i mean to say is there any grey area with that rule?

#13 ·
or better yet how about a picture have a shelf life like a pic of a item taken today is good to post for sale for 1 month for the pic/description to be current or accurate to still use that pic

#17 ·
:spank: changes to classified section
:shakehand i'm happy with that compromise
sample for sale add

Honda 600rr clymer service manual
price: $10 shipping is $5 = 15 shipped
Shipping will include either tracking or at least delivery comformation number

Descrip:
Front cover ripped but the other pages are not ripped. Good overall condition minus front cover.

Payment accepted: cash in hand or paypal

Imagine this within this picture
[A sign must be included in picture of item. The sign should have these (3) things; user name, 600rr.net and todays date.]

#30 · (Edited)
:spank: Changes to classified section
:shakehand i'm happy with that compromise
sample for sale add

honda 600rr clymer service manual
price: $10 shipping is $5 = 15 shipped
shipping will include either tracking or at least delivery comformation number

descrip:
Front cover ripped but the other pages are not ripped. Good overall condition minus front cover.

Payment accepted: Cash in hand or paypal

imagine this within this picture
[a sign must be included in picture of item. The sign should have these (3) things; user name, 600rr.net and todays date.]
nvm ....................

#20 ·
what about the vendors section...
i litterally get filled with hatred every time i see a post by rider discount absolutely never ever on every forum never posts a price..

tj is cool to deal with and has informative for sale post describing the item but damn always pm for price even for universal items thats its going to be the same price to everyone minus the shipping

that was boiling inside me and i had to say something or explode..

and another thing thats hurting me is people like my wife that want to wash plastic utensils ok ok u use a plastic fork to eat something then wash it.. wtf

Just use the regular fork if you are going to wash it.

ok i feel some relief now
happy thanksgiving

G
#21 ·
Most of the time, vendors have their hands tied by the companies and are not allowed to post prices below a set value in public, which is usually why you usually see things like "PM, call, or email for best price".

Though, I feel your pain. It's like giving an awesome price in a sale thread, but not even having every size in each color available in the first place. If you're going to have a sale, have the **** available.

#22 ·
Most of the time, vendors have their hands tied by the companies and are not allowed to post prices below a set value in public
I didn't realize that. I figured they buy it stock it then sell at whatever price they wanted to. But now it makes a bit of sense.
ty
casual

#27 ·
The 100 posts to sell rule is a shame. I've been a member here for almost a year, just don't post much. I'm currently kitting an 07 600RR for racing and have lots of nearly perfect stock parts I'd love to sell to you guys for cheap but I can't list them here. Guess I'll just list them on Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.