Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

08 Graffiti Build

32K views 102 replies 51 participants last post by  peabody 
#1 · (Edited)
08 Graffiti Build *UPDATED* Lots of Pics, no 56k

After my little mishap with the side swiping I decided to go ahead and build the 08 for dual duty being me and my girl ride street and I love the track of course. Everything is in black trying to black it out. I will update as I get the parts with pics and some how to pics. Check it out. First is the pics of the bike with 1 mile on it from Honda.

Here is the list of the upgrades either here or on order:
Rizoma Prototype Billet Mirrors
Rizoma Mirror Adapters
Rizoma Black Front Brake Reservoir
Rizoma Black Rear Brake Reservoir
Rizoma Billet Grips
Rizoma Conical Bar Ends
Sato Black Rearsets
Vortex 15t Front Sprocket
Vortex 45t Rear Sprocket
Vortex Frame Sliders
Akrapovic Full Race Exhaust
DEI Exhaust Heat Wrap
Zero Gravity Double Bubble Windscreen
Flat Black Fairing Bolt Kit
ASV Shorty Clutch and Brake Levers
Bazzaz Fuel, Quick Shift and Traction Control System
Bazzaz Auto Mapping System
Bazzaz Map Selector Handlebar Switch
STM Slipper Clutch System
Ohlins TTX36 Rear Shock
IWinMoto Smoke Tail Light
Honda Race Cowl
Smoke Flush Mount Front Turn Signals
Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines
BMC Race Air Filter

Thats the list for now. I will update with pics as the come in.

See less See more
#2 ·
Vortex Frame Sliders

Rizoma Grips

Rizoma Conical Bar Ends

Rizoma Prototype Mirrors and Adapters

Rizoma Brake Reservoirs

Complete order from PJ's Parts

IWinMoto Tail Light

Zero Gravity Double Bubble

Vortex 45t Black Rear Sprocket

ASV Levers

#6 ·
I ordered it on July 16th and ended up getting it Aug 4th.

#7 ·
Bazzaz Fuel - Quick Shift - Traction Control System

#8 ·

#10 ·
Yep after I am finished with all the installs and ride it I am going to do a full review of the parts performance, ease of install or lack there of, and would I do it again for the parts vs price. Right now I have installed the IWin (looks absolutely awesome), the Rizoma mirrors, bar ends, grips, Akrapovic headers, BMC filter and frame sliders. I just picked up the Bazzaz, STM and new fairings so I am hoping to have them all finished by the next weekend.

#11 ·
Here are the Sato Rearsets

#12 ·
Awesome choice of upgrades man let the fun times begin
do not think you are done yet the mod addiction has just
begun

#14 ·
Yep I figured if I was going to pull it apart to do it, I might as well do it all at once and do it right. Most of the ideas came from both the great members on here and my experiences from the street and track with my R6. So far loving them mods and the way they are looking.

#15 ·
Wow that thing is gonna be sick, you gotta let us know how the bazzaz works!

Ps. you wouldn't happen to have any of your old plastics that are in the good condition? I Could use the left side of the belly pan.

#16 ·
Sorry, the right side was damaged and that is all the parts I ordered. Though I got my new ones from MRCycles.com and man what a great experience. About 60% cheaper than the stealership on fairing and super fast shipping.

#18 ·
WooooooHoooooo!what a shopping spree.very nice choices.

#19 ·
Here are the pics of all those items installed and running great.

#20 ·

#22 ·
Thanks Chris,

With your top notch build as well, I take that as a huge compliment. :rocker:

#26 ·
I think that I need his job. That was alot of loot all at once. But the traction control is primarily for the track for control. Have got to get the bazazz for my bike.

#29 · (Edited)
Here is some of the feedback so far, went on my first long ride since the bike has been back up. I purposely did some stuff that would make the new toys work for their living. Here is the gear, then my take on the install, on how it did on the road, and my over all grade based on cost, performance and ease of install.

Bazzaz TC: GRADE: A+ (could change after track day)

Cost : $1465.00 (Zi-TC - $940.00, Auto Mapping - $300.00, TC/Map Switch – $225.00)

Installation: The install was alot easier then it looks when you pull it out of the box. The amount of wires is overwhelming. Once you spread everything out and read what wires are what you start thinking, I can do this. One tip, before you start this install go on the internet and research where each one of the plugs are. Makes for a smooth constant install.

Performace: The mapping works flawlessly and it runs very smooth even before you tune it. The traction control is hard to test on the street, but I do have the first track day scheduled for first full weekend in Nov and will update after that.

STM Slipper Clutch: Grade A

Cost: $900.00 (Used)

Installation: One of the biggest pains to install and setup. Takes a couple special tools to do it correctly and definitely helps to have someone help. I would rate this the hardest install of the build based on tools needed, time to do it, and chance to mess it up.

Performance: Wow what a difference when you feel it kick in. It definitely allows you to have a much faster entering speed into tight corners, downshift and not have to worry about the back end locking up and sliding out from underneath you.

Rizoma Prototype Mirrors: Grade A+

Cost: $422.00 (Mirrors - $396.00, Adapters - $26.00)

Installation: Probably the easiest piece to install and setup. 4 bolts and a couple wrench turns and they are done.

Performance: I can’t believe how much these mirrors make a difference from stockers. First of all, the almost complete elimination of vibration. I can read the signs I pass in the mirrors with no problems at all. The anti-glare coating also works real well for the sun and headlights behind you.

Rizoma Billet Grips and Conical Bar Ends: Grade A-

Cost: $132.00 (Grips - $66.00, Bar Ends - $66.00)

Installation: This was a tale of 2 installations. The left side was as easy as it comes. Used a can of computer air and got the stock grip off. Slid the new grip on and tightened 2 allen bolts. Put the new bar end on and left side all done. The right side is a whole different story. First remove the throttle cable casing. Find the right adapter for Honda and get ready to scream. Getting the throttle cables back on the new adapter is a pain and being the adapter is plastic you have to be careful about breaking the taps off. Then in order to use use the stock bar weights, I had to remove the weight and use a grinder and smooth out the end of the weight because the stock bar end has offset.

Performance: They look good and feel even better. Seems to have reduced a lot of vibration at higher RPMs. They are a very nice addition to any bike.

#30 ·
This thread keeps getting better and better!!! Great write ups man!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.