Need help - removing exhaust valve : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Technical Talk > 07-13 RR Modifications

07-13 RR Modifications Modifications to the '07- to 013 600RR

Old 01-07-2009, 07:45 AM   #1
kordo
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Need help - removing exhaust valve

Hey

I know there are posts out here for removing of the exhaust valve but I cant find any. I know how to trick the FI light but I need to know how to remove everything and tie off the valve.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
- Puig light smoke double bubble, CRF 450 Mod w/ custom bracket, Sato Rearsets, Pazzo levers, Woodcraft Case Covers, oggy knobs, fork & swingarm sliders, PC'd gas cap, subframe and pillion pegs, garage door opener mod, gutted intake, stomp grips, caron Yosh RS-5 s/o
kordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
graffiti
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
curious too, I believe peeps have been manually fastening them in the open position with wire or similar.
graffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
kordo
AMA Supersport Racer

correct, and I've heard of posts out there for "how to" but cant find it...

doesnt seem that hard but, think I should steal a friends camera and make it:)
- Puig light smoke double bubble, CRF 450 Mod w/ custom bracket, Sato Rearsets, Pazzo levers, Woodcraft Case Covers, oggy knobs, fork & swingarm sliders, PC'd gas cap, subframe and pillion pegs, garage door opener mod, gutted intake, stomp grips, caron Yosh RS-5 s/o
Old 01-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #4
the hooligan
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kordo View Post
Hey

I know there are posts out here for removing of the exhaust valve but I cant find any. I know how to trick the FI light but I need to know how to remove everything and tie off the valve.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
go down to the valve and pull the cover off, i believe its two 8 or 10mm bolts. unhook the cables and put the cover back on.

next pull your seat off, unbolt the servo motor and take it out. then follow the writeup for the wiring to trick the computer. its really easy.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:04 PM   #5
kordo
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hooligan View Post
go down to the valve and pull the cover off, i believe its two 8 or 10mm bolts. unhook the cables and put the cover back on.

next pull your seat off, unbolt the servo motor and take it out. then follow the writeup for the wiring to trick the computer. its really easy.
cool. I thought I had to use wire to hold the valve open.

cheers
Old 01-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #6
graffiti
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordo View Post
cool. I thought I had to use wire to hold the valve open.

cheers
Yes, I figure there should be something good installed to hold the valve open.

I have been looking at the valve and spring assembly for a while (bike is just going back together for a track bike). I am thinking of making a small bracket which will fasten the centre flapper valve bolt/shaft to both the small bolts where the cover bolts on. I believe the spring does not have enough tension to stop the valve from rattling or changing its position from wide open.
graffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:04 PM   #7
kordo
AMA Supersport Racer

Some wire would probably also do the trick too:)
Old 01-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #8
the hooligan
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffiti View Post
Yes, I figure there should be something good installed to hold the valve open.

I have been looking at the valve and spring assembly for a while (bike is just going back together for a track bike). I am thinking of making a small bracket which will fasten the centre flapper valve bolt/shaft to both the small bolts where the cover bolts on. I believe the spring does not have enough tension to stop the valve from rattling or changing its position from wide open.
no need to put anything on to hold the valve open, once you pull the cables off the valve it stays open full time
Old 01-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #9
orangecbr
Training Wheel Hero

I did this mod to my exhuast valve and is was held in the closed position with the spring. What you have to do is take the whole assembly off so it is just the valve.... start the bike and rotate the valve to the open or closed position, you cand tell fairly easy by listing to the exhaust note. and mark it. If you marked it in the closed position rotate it 90 degrees. I saftey wired mine open by drilling a hole in the case and attaching it to the valve and the hole in the case. Then to delete the servo motor go here.....http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...ferrerid=30566
orangecbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement