Delkevic fairing review : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Off Topic > 600rr.net Product Reviews

600rr.net Product Reviews Use this section to provide a detailed review of new products.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
st33lium
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Delkevic fairing review

Just order a fairing from delkevic today, 04/28/09.

Spoke with Luke on the phone yesterday to know what was the shipping cost for canadians resident, he wasent sure if it was free or not so he told me that he will call me back l8er that day (yesterday) .

I receive hes call today insted of yesterday and he coudn't give me an anwser as no one as order a fairing from Canada yet and he couldn't get an hold on his boss this week, so he took the decision to include shipping in the price (595$) for me (From Canada).

He estimate that the shipping will take 2 week , 3 at the most.
I'am waithing on the tracking number to fallow up this thread.

Sorry for my poor english , not my language :).
st33lium is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
JskipRR
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I ordered a fairing set from motofansclub on the 20th and I too was told 2-3 week times. Maybe that time is correct lol
JskipRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
st33lium
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JskipRR View Post
I ordered a fairing set from motofansclub on the 20th and I too was told 2-3 week times. Maybe that time is correct lol
Mine is from Delkevic , a company from US ,Colorado ,they manifacture there own plastics , so i hope shipping will not take as long as hong kong fairings.

Cheers
Old 04-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #4
st33lium
Training Wheel Hero

Update

The sellsman call me back today.
he explain to me that an order from a kit they have already in stock,the shipping time take arround 7 days.

Mine is a custom Low Gloss balck fairing , so i was disapointed to learn that it will take 3 weeks for the fairing to be complete, pluse another 7 days for shipping.

Patience,Patience,patience , is not my thing , but thats what i want so i'll work on it!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #5
Chris22783
AMA Supersport Racer

Make sure you let us all know how this turns out - 10 days is pretty good turn around, especially for custom paint, considering the alternative. Pics when you get them.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:06 AM   #6
flintoid
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I picked up a 2003 upper cowl fairing from them yesterday... bought on ebay and shipped the same day.

After I get all my fairings de-decalled and painted flat black and installed, I'll be sure to share how it fits on the bike. Since it'll be installed with OEM plastics, it'll be interesting to see how it mates up to everything.

I'm hoping for the best :all_cohol
flintoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #7
dava92
Training Wheel Hero

Waiting for Pics! :)
dava92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:46 PM   #8
st33lium
Training Wheel Hero

yeah , i'll look faward to hear from you about the fitting , cause its usualy the part where it can be trouble.

If all go well, this might hurt the japs, shipping time is amazing and pricing is awsome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintoid View Post
I picked up a 2003 upper cowl fairing from them yesterday... bought on ebay and shipped the same day.

After I get all my fairings de-decalled and painted flat black and installed, I'll be sure to share how it fits on the bike. Since it'll be installed with OEM plastics, it'll be interesting to see how it mates up to everything.

I'm hoping for the best :all_cohol
Hoping for the best also :) .

Last edited by st33lium; 04-30-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #9
st33lium
Training Wheel Hero

Bump

So there no progress on my fairing order , only been waithing for a week 1/2 and it seems so long.

I will update as soon as some progress are made.

Also heading my way is brand new stator cover/ New arrow header/ new PC3/New windscreen.

Now i'am broke for the summer :-( .

But riding is my passion so i dont mind , as long as can ride its all good.

Cheers
st33l
Old 05-15-2009, 12:33 AM   #10
FrankC
Training Wheel Hero

Keep us posted!
FrankC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #11
flintoid
Knee Dragger

I'll take a picture of the fairing sometime this weekend and post it up here. I still haven't gotten it painted or dry fitted it or anything yet.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:05 PM   #12
flintoid
Knee Dragger

sorry about the delay...

So today I finally stripped my bike (I'm very lazy) and decided to take snap shots of the delkevic upper next to my stock (and slightly broken oem fairing). The screw bosses look pretty f'ing good, proportions seem the same.. overall I'm impressed. For $130 or $150 (I can't remember) and QUICK shipping, I'm happy.

I didn't dry fit it as I was over 8 beers deep and wasn't feeling like f'ing with the cables, air intake boxes, brackets, etc. But when I de-decal all my fairings and get them all flat blacked and ready to install, I'll take pictures of thie fitment, etc. I'll do that when I install my HIDs as well and show how well the headlights fit.

Anyways, here's ssome pictures of side by side, etc. Let me know if you guys want any other detailed pics. It might be a week or two before I get them all painted and installed. Hopefully faster as my bike is out of comission right now!

Old 05-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #13
SRaiders3102
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The look good. I hope my MFC fairings look as good!

Power is Nothing without Control.
SRaiders3102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #14
krisboro
AMA Supersport Racer

Glad someones trying these out. I've been scoping out the 05-06 upper for my 04 on eBay and was somewhat hesitant to order before I'd seen any reviews.
Keep us posted on how well they fit.
krisboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #15
st33lium
Training Wheel Hero

Thx flintoid for that post , correct me if i'am wrong , but where the f**ck is the hole for the "third eye" light ? Geez i hope it does not affect the windscreen fitment as i just receive the windscreen from the previous GB. Personnaly i dont like that third eye on my original nose, hopefully the fitment will be good , and what do i do woth the third eye wires ?

oh well , keep us posted bro.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #16
st33lium
Training Wheel Hero

Package on the road.

First off , i'am a litle bit disapointed as i did ask the vendor (Luke) to send me pictures of the customs paint job i have order, he said he will try and i did insist , I want to see pics before the shipping... Once again he say he will try..

Now i did receive an e-mail today with a tracking a number , ERRR ! he gave me 12 numbers for the tracking and i needed 13 caracters with EMS delivery tracking services. And the vendor ended this e-mail saying " I will try for the pictures".
Wow , i whrote him back, -So mush for customers satisfacion, i dont need the pictures the fairing as been sent but thx anyway!!

So were off a bad start. On a pluse side, the fairing is on his way home. 7 buisness days and i will finally have it.(Hopefully)

I will investigate that third eye hole missing! ahh that is the 03 04 nose. I scared myself there.lol

Thx for checking.
Cheers
St33l

**sorry for the pooor english. Damn french Canadians. hehe :-)

Last edited by st33lium; 05-19-2009 at 09:09 PM. Reason: lol 03-04 Phewww
Old 05-19-2009, 08:59 PM   #17
RednBlack07
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by st33lium View Post
Thx flintoid for that post , correct me if i'am wrong , but where the f**ck is the hole for the "third eye" light ? Geez i hope it does not affect the windscreen fitment as i just receive the windscreen from the previous GB. Personnaly i dont like that third eye on my original nose, hopefully the fitment will be good , and what do i do woth the third eye wires ?

oh well , keep us posted bro.

The third eye for the unit shown mounts at the bottom of the windscreen, at the base of the opening, there isn't a seperate opening like the later years.
RednBlack07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:30 PM   #18
st33lium
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RednBlack07 View Post
The third eye for the unit shown mounts at the bottom of the windscreen, at the base of the opening, there isn't a seperate opening like the later years.
Yeah thx , my bad , that is the 03-04 nose shown is that pic , mine is a 05 , so i got scare for a moment. :-)
Old 05-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #19
glassman324
Training Wheel Hero

Full write up here http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=2345219.
glassman324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #20
colnpanic
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by st33lium View Post
On a pluse side, the fairing is on his way home. 7 buisness days and i will finally have it.(Hopefully)
have you received them yet? looking forward to a review!
colnpanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:54 AM   #21
Ecwatts214
Training Wheel Hero

cant believe I saw these on ebay when I think they first posted them and the brushed it off as probly another dumpy sent. looks ncie. to bad I sent the money on a Wii for my girl. Laast time that happens. When winter rolls around and Im away from my baby I tend to forget which lady is gonna hurt me more if they dump me lol
Ecwatts214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:27 AM   #22
qwarnon
Pocketbike Racer

keep us posted!

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...26#post2785926
qwarnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement