3 Pin Indicator Relay How to install? : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Technical Talk > Troubleshooting

Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
kidnplay01
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
3 Pin Indicator Relay How to install?

Hi Guys,
I have a Australian Honda CBR 600 rr 2005, so wiring is slightly diff i believe as i tried to install the 2 pin relay for the indicator and it didnt work as in my prev thread,

so has anyone installed a 3 pin relay? how will it be done? or do you kow of any threads where someone has done this?
Ohlins- Fork Springs, Shock, S.D, UES Kit 20mm, PCIII, Velocity Stack mod, RS-5 C.F Yoshi, Dynoed, K&N Air Filter, Cox Radiator Guard, Powers Race Railz mod, MOTY Battery, Pazzo Levers, Harris Grips, Stomp Grips, Ram mounting, Custom Fairings, Custom led gauges, C.F -Hugger-Sprocket cover,Exhaust,Heel, Chain, Engine,& clutch guards. Trippage led pegs, 520 Conv, -1 +2 Superlight Sprocket, Comp werkes FE, Dunlop Q2's, EBC Kevlar Heavy Duty Clutch/Springs, Vesrah RJL Pads,Braided brake lines
kidnplay01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
kidnplay01
AMA Supersport Racer

bump anybody suggestions?
Ohlins- Fork Springs, Shock, S.D, UES Kit 20mm, PCIII, Velocity Stack mod, RS-5 C.F Yoshi, Dynoed, K&N Air Filter, Cox Radiator Guard, Powers Race Railz mod, MOTY Battery, Pazzo Levers, Harris Grips, Stomp Grips, Ram mounting, Custom Fairings, Custom led gauges, C.F -Hugger-Sprocket cover,Exhaust,Heel, Chain, Engine,& clutch guards. Trippage led pegs, 520 Conv, -1 +2 Superlight Sprocket, Comp werkes FE, Dunlop Q2's, EBC Kevlar Heavy Duty Clutch/Springs, Vesrah RJL Pads,Braided brake lines
Old 04-18-2010, 06:39 AM   #3
kidnplay01
AMA Supersport Racer

ok i found the install for my relay, and thinking out loud and seeking any corrections/confirmations. As i did try it with pics on 2nd page of the thread http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=114102

but still curious as to what exactly am i wiring it to, obviously negative i know i believe is the grey wire (-) from the blue harness, the power is the green/white (L) so i need to source another (+)?

1. The "+" on the relay is connect to a positive wire from your bike or car.
2. The "-" on the relay is connect to a negative wire or ground of your bike or car.
3. The "L" on the relay is connect to the power inlet of the left/right signal switch of your bike or car.
4. The power outlet of the left/right signal switch is connect to the front and rear signal lights respectively.

link of my relays with video seller etc
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Car-B...ht_6615wt_1167

Last edited by kidnplay01; 04-18-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #4
Sadt3arZ
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
so what exactly are u trying to do. put in a flasher relay or use a 3pin relay to make ur leds function as signals?

Sickest Bike Here http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=143593
Sadt3arZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #5
kidnplay01
AMA Supersport Racer

They are installed as signals, i bought a 2 pin relay, didnt work for my bike due to it being a Aussie version etc, so i received the 3 pin relay with the led strips OEM. So im trying to get confirmation of what exact wire is going where on the 3 pin relay. As im at the point of cant be assed and this time it better work or im leaving it at a faster flash.

As the 2 pin relay i tried it like 4 times and then got to the relisation US relays are diff then Australian relays :(

I did have resistors on there and it worked fine, but when i reinstalled it all i thought lets spend $30 and clean it up a bit and just install a relay. Hence im getting annoyed with myself i should have left the resistors.

Maybe i email Trippage for some help as i also had issues with the resistors sucking up too much juice and my pef lights bottom ones werent as bright as the side ones, it was a real mess prev, and now its another sort of mess bright lights but flashing too quick hence relay last option..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement