Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Review: A* Ridge Waterproof Riding Boots

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ctekguy 
#1 ·
REVIEW: ALPINESTARS Ridge Waterproof Motorcycle Boots

-Why I decided to purchase these boots?

I needed riding boots that I could wear all day. I didn't want something that looked like I was going into galactic battle, though I wanted to maintain as much protection as possible. I also needed a boot that would keep my feet dry while riding in the rain.

-Where I bought them from?

I purchased my boots locally at CycleGear. I believe in supporting local businesses and try to as often as I can. However I'm sure many of the vendors here have access to these boots also. I know that STG carries them.

-Price

I paid $129 for the boots, though I am certain a better deal could be found.

-Did the product meet my expectations?

Absolutely! These boots are fantastic, and that is no exaggeration. The first day I had them, I fell asleep in them. They are absolutely comfortable. My ankle feels very secured in the boot and there is no difficulty in locating foot controls, nor operating them. These boots offer great grip on/off foot controls. Never noticed any squeeking while walking in these boots, nor have they caused any fatigue while wearing them. They hold up very well in the rain. I've been caught in monsoons while wearing these boots and my feet were as dry as they are during a clear day of riding. My feet generally run hot, though these boots provide no difference in breathability when compared to my casual shoes. Styling looks really good on these boots as well. I've owned these boots for about 6 months now and they are holding up very well. Break in did not take long at all for these boots either.

-Would I recommend these boots?

Absolutely. This is the whole reason I decided to write the review.

-Would I buy these boots again?

Yes, I would. Though if this boot or another boot provided the same protection, comfort, styling and wet weather protection, while having replaceable soles like some of the other racing boots on the market, I would have to purchase those. Until that time, I will continue to purchase these boots as they do everything I was hoping they would.

*I rate these boots 5/5

See less See more
#2 ·
REVIEW: ALPINESTARS Ridge Waterproof Motorcycle Boots

-Why I decided to purchase these boots?

I needed riding boots that I could wear all day. I didn't want something that looked like I was going into galactic battle, though I wanted to maintain as much protection as possible. I also needed a boot that would keep my feet dry while riding in the rain.

-Where I bought them from?

I purchased my boots locally at CycleGear. I believe in supporting local businesses and try to as often as I can. However I'm sure many of the vendors here have access to these boots also. I know that STG carries them.

-Price

I paid $129 for the boots, though I am certain a better deal could be found.

-Did the product meet my expectations?

Absolutely! These boots are fantastic, and that is no exaggeration. The first day I had them, I fell asleep in them. They are absolutely comfortable. My ankle feels very secured in the boot and there is no difficulty in locating foot controls, nor operating them. These boots offer great grip on/off foot controls. Never noticed any squeeking while walking in these boots, nor have they caused any fatigue while wearing them. They hold up very well in the rain. I've been caught in monsoons while wearing these boots and my feet were as dry as they are during a clear day of riding. My feet generally run hot, though these boots provide no difference in breathability when compared to my casual shoes. Styling looks really good on these boots as well. I've owned these boots for about 6 months now and they are holding up very well. Break in did not take long at all for these boots either.

-Would I recommend these boots?

Absolutely. This is the whole reason I decided to write the review.

-Would I buy these boots again?

Yes, I would. Though if this boot or another boot provided the same protection, comfort, styling and wet weather protection, while having replaceable soles like some of the other racing boots on the market, I would have to purchase those. Until that time, I will continue to purchase these boots as they do everything I was hoping they would.

*I rate these boots 5/5
you do live in the same arizona that i do right?

#4 ·
lol... ya mang, sure do. Got caught in that monsoon about 3 or 4 weeks ago. You were suppose to go on the ride too, though Kelsey didn't know your # and didn't wanna call/create any problems calling your roomate. (*something about him being recently engaged and having this girl calling)

You didn't miss much, except rain..lol. Had breakfast at the airport in payson and rolled back down the hill. Kelsey doesn't particularly enjoy riding in the rain, so. Planning on doing the ride (payson, show low , globe) again soon. I'll pm you or you can send me your # and let you know when we do. There is a bike night up @ westgate on the 16th. I've never been, so I'm gonna go check it out with some friends. If you wanna meet up there, let me know. I posted it in the South West section of the forum.

Also planning some rides up north, so again.. preparing for rain just incase.

@genequit - Thanks and you are welcome. It was between these and the Icon Field Armor boots. The A* was a clear winner for me.

#6 ·
Haha and here I am looking at getting a pair of sidi vertigo airs because the a* waterproof boots that I have get so damn hot. Idk about the ones you are getting, but the ones I have are a bit older and don't breathe at all and when I get home from a 30+min ride my feet feel like they are on fire. So gl with them I hope they work out for ya. I don't ride in the rain enough to get another pair of waterproof boots.

J

#8 ·
Right on brutha!:thumbup: Glad they worked out for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.