Brake Light stays on : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Technical Talk > Troubleshooting

Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
moose2107
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brake Light stays on

Hi all, seems like my brake light doesn't come on at all when pressing the front or rear brake. The tail light stays lit up very bright can it be a stuck brake light switch? How would I go about getting the front and rear brake light switch unstuck? Thanks in advance !!!
moose2107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
em2b96p
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This happened to me at my state inspection last friday.

First thing you need to do is determine if the front or/and rear brakes are causing the malfunction.

Unplug the rear brake light connector (under the black side plastic on my 2003). See if this solves the problem. Reconnect connector and Adjust by rotating the plastic turn wheel until brake light turns off.

If not...

Unplug the front brake connector (under the brake lever). No real adjustment other than to make sure lever is moving freely

My problem happened to be the rear brake.

Good Luck
em2b96p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
jpreinvented
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i currently have the same problem because i laid my bike down. My cause is that the front brake doesnt press/engage the switch. When you squeeze lever, it lets off the switch/disengages. So thats why my brake light is staying on. The lever is a little bent but i have one on the way. Something similar could be happening to the rear brake switch. Try disconnecting the front brake switch and see what that does because its a little hard to see wether or not that tiny little button is getting pushed down all the way...
jpreinvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
BAKA444
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I dunno about the other models, but my 03 sometimes does this because the rear brake light switch tends to get stuck. Just check the rear brake light switch to see if its stuck or not. I just kinda prodded it with a screwdriver and my brake light was back to normal

BAKA444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
Nico
Administrator

Thanked 1,344 Times in 950 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Easy to check... just unplug one of the two wires in the switch on the front brake (underside of the brake lever) and remove the spring on the rear brake switch. If the light goes out then its one or the other...

I would then plug the front one back in cause I'm betting its the rear one that just needs adjusting.

04 600RR

Nico is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nico For This Useful Post:
RR2D2 (05-10-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement