Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Lysol's '08 Pearl Orange Build

78K views 441 replies 63 participants last post by  lysol 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I bought the bike with 0 miles back in Dec. '08 in Las Vegas. I broke her in pretty
hard. I had her on a dyno the day after I bought her. Pulled 101 horses bone stock
lol. I didn't have her for too long until I lowsided doing about 60. Insurance fixed
her up real nice. Since then, I haven't been inspired to mod the performance side as
much as making it more comfortable for me. I like things to look as much OEM as I can
and I'm techy so I like things to be very user friendly.

I have put up a few threads already about my accident and a few mods, so I'm going to
just highlight them a little and throw the link up for the thread. That should help
people find them by searching for specific things.

Currently:

- (Pg 01) Firstgear Heated Gear permanent setup
- (Pg 01) Puig double-bubble light smoked windscreen
- (Pg 01) Motovation no-cut frame sliders
- (Pg 01) Moto-D electronics mount (black)
- (Pg 01) Driven Grippy grips
- (Pg 01) 9oz (each) heavy-weight bar ends
- (Pg 01) USB weatherproof outlet (powered)
- (Pg 02) Watsen flushmount blinkers w/running light adapter ( color - digital silver)
- (Pg 02) DDM HID's (still waiting on my set of SickHID's and I needed more light)
- (Pg 02) Cox Racing radiator guard (installed after I got a hole and drained my
radiator out in the desert)
- (Pg 04) Honda OEM Pearl Orange Seat Cowl
- (Pg 04) JPR Black Shorty levers with blue adjuster switches
- (Pg 06) Sickhid's Projectors w/blue halo & white Audi led strip(integrated blinkers)
(blacked out housing)(switches)
- (Pg 08) Iphone 4/4S Waterproof GoPro Mount (Lifeproof case)
- (Pg 10) OEM Bar Weight Install
- (Pg 10) New Chain/Sprockets (Stock teeth 16T/42T)
- (Pg 11) Akrapovic Slip-On
- (Pg 12 & 13) Tripage LED IT + Passenger Pegs
- (Pg 13) Repaired Watsen flushmount

Near Future (Ordered or have on hand):

N/A

Distant Future:

-Samsung Galaxy S5 Mount
-Moty Design Gear Indicator/ Gauge LED Mod (Blue/White & reversed)
-Tech Spec Grip Pads
-Scorpio I900
-Adjustable rear-sets
-Rizoma Prototype Sport mirrors (black)
-Corbin seat
-Cut frame sliders

STOCK:

Recent Pics (AS OF JUNE 2013):

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I'll start with the wreck.

My Crash Boom Bang thread which happened to be my first post on this site...
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=124448 (Full details & pictures there)

Crashed Dec. '08.
Total cost ended up right at $4700.

#3 · (Edited)
My mechanic had her like new by mid Jan. '09.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
My first big project was adding heated gear. Mainly for gloves for the long stretches on the highway during the winter time. But I wanted a permanent option that I could do myself.

Done Oct. '09.

My Firstgear Heated Gear Write up/Install thread:
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=158227 (Lot's of pics and details)

Finished product:

Each connector is for each dial switch. You can connect a pair of gloves to one of those connectors via a "y-cable" that goes inside your jacket (not shown)

Reactions: mran556 and Maaku
#6 ·
i think i see sliders on the ground in the last pic?

looks much better now lol

#7 ·
HAHA you saw right!!! While my bike was in the shop, I ordered a set of Motovation no-cut's. Here's the only pics I have on my photobucket account right now. They are both of the right side taken some time ago.

#9 ·
Right now, I'm finishing up my tour here in afghanistan. I have ordered the following since i've been out here:

moto-d mount (black)
usb weatherproof female plug
hid lights (DDM 5000k 55W)
driven grips
heavy-weight barends

So I have a few small projects to do when I get back. I'll be taking pics and posting up on here. I'll prolly, make the individual threads and then summarize each one on here with a link.

Reactions: TribalCBR06
#13 · (Edited)
The wife just gave me the go-ahead to splurge myself a little!!! lol. You know those DDM HID's I just purchased??? Well, no bueno. I'm getting something a little nicer now... I've been talking back and forth with Brian Tremblay over at Sick HIDs. Finally came to an agreement to what I want. I don't want to send in my own headlights and not be able to ride for a whole month... I mean, if I wasn't getting back from my deployment, I might. But, I'm biting the bullet and ordering a brand new set of headlights. I'll just sell my headlights when the finished ones come in. I can't wait to see how these turn out.

Just a small spoiler. I'm getting low's and high's like in a car. Both are on at the same time. This is going to look a hell of a lot better than just throwing some bulbs in my stock headlight housings. I hate that I'm "contracting" work out on my bike but this isn't something I want to do myself.

I'll keep you posted.

#14 · (Edited)
Well, I'm in it for the long haul now. Just paid Brian. All that's left is to let him do work. Lol. When I get pics of em, I'll post them up.

EDIT - This is pretty close to what I'm going for except my led strips will be different:

http://www.sickhids.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=75531281

#15 · (Edited)
My wife just sent me a pic. She is so awesome... the bike i mean... ;) j/k. She hasn't moved at all since Feb...

BTW... For storage, I ran fuel stabilizer through it for about 10 min and took the battery out and put it on a battery tender... Prolly gunna have flat spots on the tires but oh well. Don't have stands yet.

Reactions: Cornell
#16 · (Edited)
Here's a few pics from out here. I was 1 Air Force attached to an entire Army unit. Lol. My name was "Airforce" or "Airforce One" the entire time haha. My job was pretty much "Commo" but just networks and no radio.

Reactions: danopolo
#17 · (Edited)

Took this one for Martin Guitar. My wife's grandpa works for them and sent me a guitar in return for a picture of it in country.

Reactions: TribalCBR06
#20 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. Turn around time for the lights is about 6-10 weeks. So hopefully they will be in before the big ride later this fall. Had problems with Paypal, but this last transaction went through finally. I hate Paypal.

On a side note... About to be breathing some fresh US air very soon...

#21 ·
Got back a few days ago. Wife had a few things waiting for me ;)

Pit Bull rear stand, new gloves, and Watsen flushmount blinkers (not in yet). I also had personally ordered a MotoD mount, grips, heavy bar ends, and a weatherproof usb mount.

#22 ·
Replacing grips and new heavier bar ends:

Showing old and new grips. Also the old bar end on the tank as well.

Cutting the throttle side grip off.

Putting together the throttle side bar end.

This bar end on the throttle side wiggles around. Need to mess around with it a little.

#23 · (Edited)
Installing MotoD mount:

You'll want someone to hold the mount still as you tighten the bolt on the bottom under the triple tree so the mount doesn't twist as you tighten it. This thing is solid though.

The mount came with velcro. I cut out a circle and stuck it on the mount directly. then I put a square of the other side of the velcro and stuck it on my iphone case.

Running MotionX Drive app. (Can't make out how the screen looks. Probably better that way.)

Lol, this thing will hold anything. Threw my wife's wine glass up there.

#24 · (Edited)
Took the fairings off today to inspect the engine and install my usb outlet. I also put some clear nail polish on the circuit boards of each knob for my first gear heated gear setup. It's supposed to waterproof the board. I had a problem where it rained one evening, a little water got on the board, and turned on the knob for one of the 2 female connectors. Only happened once in the past 2 years but I figured I should anyway.

#27 ·
lol, I bought the rim tape around the time I got the bike. I messed up on the rear wheel and ended up ripping it of and starting over. Didn't have enough leftover for the front so I let it be. I want some black mids but my wife ordered me a set of Watsen flushmount blinkers so I'm going to stick with the silver.

#26 ·
Didn't want to lose my bar ends so I picked up some Loctite.

#28 · (Edited)
USB Powered Outlet:

I ordered the outlet from Cyclenutz.

Outlet:
http://www.cyclenutz.com/All-Weather-USB-Hardwire-Kit_p_475.html

Weatherproof seal (cap and shrink wrap) (I didn't get the rubber looking disk like in the picture. I got something different but worked regardless)
http://www.cyclenutz.com/USB-Cable-Weatherproof-Seal_p_603.html

This is what came in the mail with the kit and the seal. The black tape piece is the shrink wrap to connect your plug to the cap. Also, the mount for the outlet slides off if you don't want to use it. I think I'm going to go back and remove it. I used it for a ziptie mount but I think I might be able to mount it better without it.

The only "good quality" BLACK iphone cable I could find is 6ft and on Amazon. But I hid the slack pretty well and can remove the cable quickly if I desire.

Finished it too quickly to find a good mounting spot for it. I was in a hurry but it works for now. (This pic is before I actually mounted it. I was looking for a spot and jammed it in there. But it's the same place)

Before I put the shrink wrap on the connector

Charging!

#29 ·
Screen protector is scratched up from my deployment. Gotta get a new one.

Put the cable here when I don't have the phone mounted.

#30 ·
My DDM 55W 5000k HID's came in recently all the way from China. Too bad though cause I won't be installing these. Putting them up on craigslist soon.

Reactions: 91Sally
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.