Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Ignition retard controller?

8K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  runout234 
#1 ·
What is a ignition retard controller? How does it work?

#4 ·
As was mentioned above you can either buy an 07-08 ecu and re-pin it or but a z-bomb to return the hp. To answer your second question no it does not increase your top speed. The top speed is limited by your gearing has nothing to do with the IRC.

#5 ·
Two brothers Juice Boost ingnition retard controller is a plug in device that eliminates the top end restriction on US models. It changes the ignition timing at wide open throttle position and gives the bike an additional 6-8hp.

I copied and pasted this info from motorsport.com. Do they really work? I've never heard of them.

#7 ·
I would do the 08 ECU swap if you can find a good deal..(check out the 07-08 part outs)

Here is a dyno comparission I did between the 09 vs 08 ECU, you can see the power dip. I the IRC clears this up as well, however I am not sure what your AF is.... This is why I went with the 08 ECU because I can trust that the fuel tuning is good! I feel IRC is best used with a fuel controler.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=245712

#12 ·
They work. You will definitely need a Power commander or similar though

#18 ·
lol thats why i have one for sales my 14 i installed and it didnt even start lol according to PC the 2013 uses the one i have but the 14 doesnt. We are too new for ignition mods

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.