What made you go track only : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Track Talk > Trackdays

Trackdays Privateers and Professionals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
rlee350
AMA Supersport Racer
 
rlee350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 526
Images: 1
Thanks: 13
Thanked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What made you go track only

So here it is... Every day i commute to work (26 miles 1 way) and everyday i have to dodge a car from hitting me. I've already been rear ended on the worst freeway in LA (110 in Highland Park) and survived.

Yesterday i almost died, so i'm going on the 105 west to my office, splitting the carpool lane. Some piece of S#$T decided to cut the double - DOUBLE yellow lines. well the carpool lane (cars) are going maybe 15-25 mph while the normal lanes are going 0-15mph traffic, i'm going 60 mph and POS cut right as i was passing. i ended up slamming the front brakes, cutting over right as POS is an inch away from me still going to the lane, then i was thinking i'm going to A. rear end this stopped car in front or B. end up clipping the bumper. i managed to barely miss that and now ended up 1 lane over splitting that lane.

Well i stopped and pedaled back to knock out some windows and realized i didn't know which car it was. i know it was a old white truck. there were 2 of them right next to each other and didn't know which one almost killed me. i looked inside both and either of them were paying attention to anything. decided to calm down take a breath and get my ass to work.

Either way this commute is getting old and i'm sick of risking my life to get to work everyday. i guess i'll be caging it in for a while and decide if i'm going track only or non rush hour commuter. either way i just wanted to hear why others decided to go track only.

P.S. for the lane splitting haters. I already know, however if i wanted to sit in traffic i'd drive.

Last edited by rlee350; 11-16-2011 at 01:55 PM.
rlee350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
BossLady
Pocketbike Racer
 
BossLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 414
Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Glad you're still with us!!

I held someones hand while they took their last breath while looking at his completely mangled body, didn't want my son to be at my funeral for street riding when there are already so many other ways to lose your life, had over 2k in speeding tickets and a few hours in jail cause I cant control myself on the streets (was about to lose my license) AND if I sold my street bike I could afford to put more money into the track bike, better gear, etc =)
__________________
Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History



Last edited by BossLady; 11-16-2011 at 12:24 PM.
BossLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
Frill-dog
Pocketbike Racer
 
Frill-dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 286
Images: 3
Thanks: 18
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Damn homie...glad you're still up and talking...Highway/commuter riding scares me to death. I knew growing up in LA I'd never want to ride a bike there for that reason (although I am jealous of the legal lane splitting)

I do trackdays because it's a nice controlled environment without jackholes like the one in the white beater. Plus you know the other guys out there are USUALLY smart enough to not take you out like you would with running the canyons down there.
__________________
"I have an addiction to friction"

Frill-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #4
Mayo!!!
Pocketbike Racer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Planet Erph
Posts: 301
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i do it because the trackbug bit me :)
after that, riding out on public roads was just ho-hum
and yes, i have witnessed and lost a friend in the canyons; smacked right into an oncoming truck (truck's fault for crossing over the double yellow lines)

MY main reasons though:
*safety
*controlled (learning) environment
*you can speed all you want (or not)
*predictable conditions
*everyone goes in the same direction
***ITS FUN!!!
__________________
Mayo!!!
Mayo!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
.b0link
World Superbike Racer
 
.b0link's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rota, Spain
Posts: 1,574
Thanks: 49
Thanked 211 Times in 147 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I converted to track only after I threw my pristine 08 Graffiti down turn four at Estoril.

I just needed a good excuse anyways.
__________________
.b0link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #6
Bullast
Moto GP Racer
 
Bullast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 42.5833° N, 114.4667° W
Posts: 2,564
Images: 7
Thanks: 9
Thanked 193 Times in 153 Posts
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Glad to hear youre ok. I was also bitten by the "track bug" and never went back.

Question about the lane splitting. Is that specific to splitting 2 lanes of the same direction or is it ok to be on the center line (double yellow)?

Lane splitting aside, 60mph through 15mph traffic seems a little bit foolish. Not getting on a soap box, I just cant imagine doing it.
__________________
Tasha
Phatty
Super Sic



FOR SALE


Leupold 1" Unimount

Icon Ti Mesh Jacket
Bullast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullast For This Useful Post:
darkfader (11-16-2011)
Old 11-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #7
56793
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 47
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You might consider commuting in a car and riding your bike after work or on weekends...

Only riding it a couple times a month would suck.
56793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #8
rlee350
AMA Supersport Racer
 
rlee350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 526
Images: 1
Thanks: 13
Thanked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullast View Post
Glad to hear youre ok. I was also bitten by the "track bug" and never went back.

Question about the lane splitting. Is that specific to splitting 2 lanes of the same direction or is it ok to be on the center line (double yellow)?

Lane splitting aside, 60mph through 15mph traffic seems a little bit foolish. Not getting on a soap box, I just cant imagine doing it.
Normally I split at 30-40 however this section on the carpool lane is a merger and traffic slows down on the car pool lane and speeds right back up.

You can't split the center lane. The double yellows I mentioned is the divider for the carpool lane. You want I split the fast lane but people split them all.


Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
rlee350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #9
FightingChance
Moto GP Racer
 
FightingChance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 4,720
Thanks: 0
Thanked 245 Times in 207 Posts
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Speeding ticket, and the realization that I hated riding my RR on the street anymore. (and didn't want to get hurt)
FightingChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:21 PM   #10
advan140
Knee Dragger
 
advan140's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 200
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
after trying out the track once i knew i wouldnt touch the street with my bike. i realized riding on the streets was boring and just cruising plus how often can you say you went 150mph on the streets lol
advan140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #11
Bullast
Moto GP Racer
 
Bullast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 42.5833° N, 114.4667° W
Posts: 2,564
Images: 7
Thanks: 9
Thanked 193 Times in 153 Posts
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by advan140 View Post
after trying out the track once i knew i wouldnt touch the street with my bike. i realized riding on the streets was boring and just cruising plus how often can you say you went 150mph on the streets lol
If youre Jimmy, ALL THE TIME! With no brakes!
__________________
Tasha
Phatty
Super Sic



FOR SALE


Leupold 1" Unimount

Icon Ti Mesh Jacket
Bullast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #12
Knightshade
Moto GP Racer
 
Knightshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,575
Images: 7
Thanks: 12
Thanked 126 Times in 97 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I hit the track upon the urging of my brother who wanted to try it out. Got hooked.

Went track only after using up one of the 9. I'm down to 7 at least.

I ride my little 250 supermoto on the street every once in awhile, but not very far. Seat is so damn uncomfortable and the wind blast is so horrible, it isn't much fun. I track that little bitch too, hella fun.

RR has seen the street maybe twice since I got her with around 800 miles on it. That was 2 years ago, and I just broke 3100 miles at this last track day.
__________________
‎"Any man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." -JFK

----
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli


--
SuperMoto ------------------- SuperSport


Does it get any better? Probably not.
Knightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #13
TheX
Moto GP Racer
 
TheX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 11,195
Images: 2
Thanks: 117
Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,100 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I do at least 15 track days a year, and have a dedicated trackbike but I still love the hill country and still do at least 20K miles a year.

I totally understand people giving up the street, and support that decision. I still love both.
__________________
“There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo."



2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #14
Mortikus
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Mortikus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 817
Thanks: 68
Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I certainly don't know, but appreciate the thread, of why to leave the street... although all these reasons make very good sense. In fact, I think I used that as a tactic with my wife when discussing getting a sport bike, lol.

In the month I've owned the cbr I've rounded past 1000 miles and ride pretty much everyday. I enjoy it, and there thankfully is 'not' the traffic here as there would be in LA, though there's plenty of idiots on the road. I've been riding my cruiser in the area and though all reaction times are faster on the cbr, the concept of defensive behavior is still in my mind.

Lane splitting is another thing I'd be crazy fearful of (though thoroughly enjoy the videos out there of people doing it excessively), though sometimes wish I could just to get past a couple cages that are making a roadblock, pacing one another.

Aside from all that, the track has a certain pull on me, my brother was an American Le Mans driver for P2 cars, and obviously that entailed a lot of previous driving experience... you don't just step into that job... so I've been around the pits a few more than seldom times and really enjoy the atmosphere... truthfully I wish someone nearby from the rr.net could help me learn the ropes... anyone from Orlando/DaytonaBeach area that tracks?

Mort
Mortikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #15
Knightshade
Moto GP Racer
 
Knightshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,575
Images: 7
Thanks: 12
Thanked 126 Times in 97 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
I do at least 15 track days a year, and have a dedicated trackbike but I still love the hill country and still do at least 20K miles a year.

I totally understand people giving up the street, and support that decision. I still love both.

Holy crap.

You have that kind of scenery in Austin?

I have a friend out from Austin visiting his parents and such. Him and his wife have been recruiting pretty hardcore for us to move down there.
__________________
‎"Any man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." -JFK

----
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli


--
SuperMoto ------------------- SuperSport


Does it get any better? Probably not.
Knightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #16
Bullast
Moto GP Racer
 
Bullast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 42.5833° N, 114.4667° W
Posts: 2,564
Images: 7
Thanks: 9
Thanked 193 Times in 153 Posts
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Mort,

Are you a member of floridasportbikers? Get on that site. That's an entire site of track guys in and arouns your area.
__________________
Tasha
Phatty
Super Sic



FOR SALE


Leupold 1" Unimount

Icon Ti Mesh Jacket
Bullast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #17
fallingbomb
Moto GP Racer
 
fallingbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 3,178
Thanks: 108
Thanked 161 Times in 137 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Doing 60 when one of the lanes you are next to is doing 0-15 MPH sounds like an accident waiting to happen.
__________________
2007 CBR600RR -- CVMA #270 -- Pictures -- Build Thread
fallingbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #18
TheX
Moto GP Racer
 
TheX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 11,195
Images: 2
Thanks: 117
Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,100 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I spent most of my life in Cali and only lane split at red lights and when traffic on the freeway was doing 5mph or so.
__________________
“There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo."



2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #19
TribalCBR06
Moto GP Racer
 
TribalCBR06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central FL
Posts: 10,116
Images: 13
Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 125 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Some riders have gone track-only for the exact reason you started this thread--too many idiot cagers on the road.

I've had my fair share of near misses, speeding tickets, etc. Not to mention a few friends and family who always worry about me dying or getting hurt. But we all take our risks accordingly; you gotta be smart with your riding. I wouldn't really give up street riding just yet, just haven't ridden as much as I used to.

Track riding is awesome, but also very expensive unlike street. If I stuck with track riding only I'd be eating ramen noodles everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg13 View Post
You might consider commuting in a car and riding your bike after work or on weekends...

Only riding it a couple times a month would suck.

Thats what I do now. if you have too many close calls on the street, consider caging to work and riding on weekends or less-traffic hours.
__________________
TEAM ORANGE


* * 600RR Ex-Track Junkie * *
TribalCBR06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #20
Mortikus
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Mortikus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 817
Thanks: 68
Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullast View Post
Mort,

Are you a member of floridasportbikers? Get on that site. That's an entire site of track guys in and arouns your area.

No I am not, thanks for the suggestion.

Mort

Tribal, have you ever ridden at Daytona?
Mortikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:53 PM   #21
SLAPS808
Moto GP Racer
 
SLAPS808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego County, SoCal
Posts: 28,553
Thanks: 178
Thanked 352 Times in 274 Posts
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalCBR06 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by advan140 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo!!! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frill-dog View Post
I do trackdays because it's a nice controlled environment without jackholes like the one in the white beater.
Plus you know the other guys out there are USUALLY smart enough to not take you out like you would with running the canyons down there.
i do it because the trackbug bit me :)
after that, riding out on public roads was just ho-hum
and yes, i have witnessed and lost a friend in the canyons; smacked right into an oncoming truck (truck's fault for crossing over the double yellow lines)

MY main reasons though:
*safety
*controlled (learning) environment
*you can speed all you want (or not)
*predictable conditions
*everyone goes in the same direction
***ITS FUN!!!
after trying out the track once i knew i wouldnt touch the street with my bike. i realized riding on the streets was boring and just cruising plus how often can you say you went 150mph on the streets lol
Some riders have gone track-only for the exact reason you started this thread--too many idiot cagers on the road.
all of these ^^^^ are some of my reasons!

first off, i would like to thank my good friend, Sergio aka Patty Cakes (CTM_Patron) for pushing me into the track game. I always wanted to try the track back then.
but was hesitant, because of $$$, inexperience, comfort level and because i was intimidated by the track and by the track riders.
but after popping my track cherry, i became addicted!

i was a hardcore canyon carver. it was all i wanted to do, til i crashed up there. i have seen many go down right in front of me.
or have passed those that have gone down. even helped them out. it never even dawned on me that i could be next.
but in 3yrs of all my canyon carving days, all it took was one incident to calm me down and eventually quit.
do i have the urge to go back? yes, sometimes i do. but i wont. its been almost 3yrs since ive been back.

another price point for track only riding, was the fact that i got t-boned on the main road coming home from work.
totaled my bike and put me in a world of hurt for many mo's.
and several mo's of physical therapy. not fun!

i also dont like to get tickets. in 5yrs of street riding, i only managed 2 tickets (1 for crossing the dblyellow to overtake and 1 fix it ticket).
i also have been pulled over from stereotypical LEO's for stupid reasons, very stupid reasons. i dont like to be pulled over...
being categorized because i ride a "crotch rocket" or "sportbike". they assume i am a speed demon, stunter, wreckless rider, street racer.

and long story short...
the worst one of all (that almost put me in jail!) was that he thought that i was "riding a stolen bike"!
yea, he made an illegal u-turn to sneak behind me at the traffic light, waited for me to go on the green, then pulled me over.
it was 7am bright summer saturday morning, fully suited up in my track leathers, race boots, race gloves and a camelbak on my way to the canyons.
his excuse was that he thought i was riding a stolen bike. so instead he gave me a fix it ticket for the plate lights not being bright enough. fvckin tool! lmfao.
another reason, is i dont want to be associated or classified with the idiot riders and squids i see on the streets on a daily basis.
it looks bad and i dont want to be that guy to be stereotyped by someone else.

so yea, in a nutshell...those are most of my reasons for track only!
i do however have plans to go back to the street for commuting. 1 reason why...
since ive quit commuting, my seat time diminished and so has my basic skills/senses/muscle memory.
and i cant ride the track every weekend, so commuting will allow me to keep those riding traits.
will help me to retain my muscle memory and vision. give seat time to practice my basic skills for braking, throttle control/manipulation, handling, and cornering.
basically keep me "warmed" up before i do the true training i get from the track.
these are my thoughts on why i think i have gone backwards with my abilities and skills at the track and having all my recent crashes.

sorry for the long post/soapbox/going a little off topic. you asked and i answered. lol.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling

Last edited by SLAPS808; 11-18-2011 at 01:23 AM.
SLAPS808 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SLAPS808 For This Useful Post:
Azn-Sensation (11-19-2011), FlipDiver79 (02-04-2012)
Old 11-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #22
darkfader
World Superbike Racer
 
darkfader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: davis WV, clarksburg, WV
Posts: 2,325
Thanks: 492
Thanked 105 Times in 90 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^DAMN GOOD post slaps

+ a million to all the above. i managed to get in 14 TDs this summer. now i work for a trackday org. because we would much rather see you ride fast, safe. i am straight hooked like a junky, but i still did a little street riding this summer too. i live in such a rural area, it's easy to ride around and see very little traffic. just mountains and twisties. i find it pretty boring to ride street anymore tho. i'd never open it up. my bikes are put away till NOLA in february. Bullast you in?
__________________
TRACKTACTICS.ORG MID-ATLANTIC REGIONAL DIRECTOR

2003 600RR for the track
2004 600RR for the street SOLD

R.I.P. Phatstud
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, LIKE MY RACING PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/Company21Racing
MY TRACKBIKE THREAD: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...357&highlight=
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@STG View Post
oh it gets worse...... most of the other pics are even less professional...

Last edited by darkfader; 11-16-2011 at 11:32 PM.
darkfader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to darkfader For This Useful Post:
SLAPS808 (11-18-2011)
Old 11-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #23
Rinzler
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 834
Thanks: 6
Thanked 32 Times in 32 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I can't wait to go do my first track day in the spring with my bike. I've taken my car to a small 1 mile road coarse but i'll be visiting Hallett near tulsa with the bike
__________________
'02 S2000
'06 RSX-S
'12 CBR1000RR
'03 CBR600RR track project



Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:16 AM   #24
iLLsYn'd
AMA Supersport Racer
 
iLLsYn'd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 668
Images: 5
Thanks: 9
Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^^ like slaps it took me 4 crashes maybe 5 at that canyon that I finally decided to quit. I was pushing my luck so had to give it up. I do however cruise around town on the weekends with friends.
__________________

Quote:
One Vision Racing - CVMA # 509
iLLsYn'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:15 AM   #25
cbrkp
Domo
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 617
Thanks: 18
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Like many above, saftey was of concern. My last accident on the street was enough for me to call it quits as i was almost paralyzed if i had hit the roof first. i did however settle for flying head first into the car and was half body lodged into the car while the driver was still negotiating the turn (driver made a uturn infront of me, he was parked on the side curb to begin with). Another reason was finances, passion for racing, fear of law enforcement/tickets, etc.. If only if the streets were safer id ride casually but i fear that i wont get to ride trackdayz because of some dumb twit.
__________________
if your not falling you're not tryin hard enough
cbrkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:36 AM   #26
trackfreak
World Superbike Racer
 
trackfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 2,231
Thanks: 16
Thanked 104 Times in 99 Posts
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I could afford the ridiculous insurance rates they offered me!!! Hahahahaha

Seriously........


Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
__________________


you can't buy happiness but having a racebike is close enough!!!
trackfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:08 AM   #27
gotamadcbr
World Superbike Racer
 
gotamadcbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 'straya
Posts: 1,822
Thanks: 30
Thanked 78 Times in 70 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Don't split lanes and sh!t like that won't happen, simple.
Tracks are addictive, and expensive. So do research and sort out budgets before you dive in deep.
__________________


gotamadcbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:14 AM   #28
trackfreak
World Superbike Racer
 
trackfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 2,231
Thanks: 16
Thanked 104 Times in 99 Posts
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotamadcbr View Post
Don't split lanes and sh!t like that won't happen, simple.
Tracks are addictive, and expensive. So do research and sort out budgets before you dive in deep.
Seriously expensive. Even with control riding my weekends were expensive but worth every damn penny. In 2010 I was at the track every other weekend and needless to say my entire budget was pushed to its limits.


Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
__________________


you can't buy happiness but having a racebike is close enough!!!
trackfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:26 AM   #29
gotamadcbr
World Superbike Racer
 
gotamadcbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 'straya
Posts: 1,822
Thanks: 30
Thanked 78 Times in 70 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd love to be a track guy for the following purposes:
You don't have to worry about road quality.
You have better corners (that keep repeating, yaaay!)
No idiots on the road, and if there are, they're obviously a worse rider than you so you can overtake their asses.
No worries about having to ride in poor weather
No road laws.

I could come up with more, but it makes me sad that there's no tracks around me and I can't afford to do it anyway.
__________________


gotamadcbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #30
BDT
Moto GP Racer
 
BDT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 3,355
Thanks: 20
Thanked 71 Times in 62 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My main reason, I crashed at the track and it was going to be cheaper to track the bike instead of putting it back into stock form.

Also due to safety concerns. People seem to be getting worse and worse on the roads, especially with the prevalence of smart phones nowadays. I have too much to live for to get blindsided by some idiot.
__________________
2007 CBR 600RR
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic

2003 CRF 450R

BDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 AM.



Powered by: vBulletin | vBadvanced CMPS & Gallery
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum