Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

ECU Unleash ??????

28K views 80 replies 31 participants last post by  ItsRichieRich 
#1 ·
#71 ·
So I finally got my bike tuned with the newly flashed ECU. I promised a chart for everyone and here it is.

First I’d like to say that Greg at Moon’s Super Cycle is a great guy. He’s been building engines and tuning for years.

First he ran it with the stock ECU. I had replaced the exhaust over winter so it was a little ruff at the top but still made the same HP that it did last year. 106
Second he ran it with the flashed ECU on my original map. He said it ran really rich which cost some HP. 102
Third they tuned if for the flashed ECU. 110

One thing I was told is that the power increase was probably gained from ignition advance. It was suggested I never run with less than premium gas to prevent pre detonation due to the advance.

#76 ·
... First he ran it with the stock ECU. I had replaced the exhaust over winter so it was a little ruff at the top but still made the same HP that it did last year. 106...
Which exhaust do you have on the bike? Stock?

Thanks

#73 ·
Look at that 2-5 torque curve... that's a pretty impressive improvement. And it seems like it should have gotten rid of a bit of a flat spot at 9-10...

Hows the ass dyno measure it?

#74 ·
I'm trying to get into the trackday scheduled this Friday. we'll see what it can do.

One thing I do need to add is that the tune apparently does NOT get rid of the FI light for the exhaust valve. Even though the site give you the option to select it, it does not remove it on Hondas or new ZX10's.

#77 ·
Yea I had it on before this but I was hoping to get rid of it so I can start modifying my harness. But yea I used the thread on here to make it.

Which exhaust do you have on the bike? Stock?
I had a full KR tuned when I had it tuned originally. Then I went to a full Ti Akra this winter.

Reactions: sincalirider
#78 ·
We'll I got into the trackday today.

I can say there is a noticeable difference. Engine braking is almost nonexistent compared to before. It was kind of scary at first. The power increase was pretty apparent. All my shifts on the straights seemed a little earlier than normal.

#79 ·
Eh... For that, I doubt $450 would be worth it.

I already have my pc3, ignition module and quickshifter setup for my bike with a full yosh exhaust.

My bike was supposedly at 113 when it was first mapped with the exhaust system and ign module... I don't see this making that huge of an impact. Do you have the full system on wiscrr?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.