Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

JWRusk 2007 CBR600RR Build

125K views 746 replies 129 participants last post by  JWRusk 
#1 ·
I keep posting new things up all the time, I figure I start a build thread.
First photo is the first day i got the bike.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
the first few mods i did. Hotbodies Tinted windscreen, and Hotbodies Flushmount turning signals.

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)
Taking the fairings off to get painted. Also got a few parts for chirstmas, and parts i bought at the dealership.

Attachments

#4 ·
Custom made fender eliminator. From using all parts from a OEM rear fender. A few pieces were cut of by a dremel. The bracket that holds the brake housing was then painted with Black high temp low gloss spray paint.

Attachments

#5 ·
received painted fairings. I took the time to paint the exhaust shield, rear sets, and subframe

Attachments

#6 ·
Installed new Driven D3 grips, and ASV C5 levers.

Attachments

#7 ·
installed custom FE, and better look at the painted subframe

Attachments

#8 ·
installed rim tape. Then I put on the reservoir covers that I got from a member on here by the name of slowboyracing

Attachments

#9 ·
received my carbon parts i bought from Moeman. Including side headlight pieces, Small and Large Mid inserts, Mudguard, and front fender.

Attachments

#11 ·
Put the fairings on, and installed the Carbon Fiber parts. Also purchased a black exhaust cover, and Carbon fiber heelguards.

Attachments

#12 ·
purchased 3d badges/emblems from Honda, that are from a 2010 CBR1000RR. Then installed

Attachments

#13 ·
sanded gas cap lightly, and taped it up. Also being installed back on.

Attachments

#14 ·
received these today. custom made tank protector and tank badge that look like the CF racing kit you can get from Honda.

Attachments

#51 ·
Tank protector is very nice, really like that flat look to it.

sanded gas cap lightly, and taped it up. Also being installed back on.
Same process below used on the gas cap? Looks really good, mine has a few nicks on it that I would like to hide. That "engine enamel" stick well and pretty resistant? Thus no need for clear coat?

2 lite coats, and then 2 or more medium coats. I'd say 4-5 coats. The key is the lite coats.

#17 ·
I had them painted professionally from a local guy around here named Randy Boyd. He also does restoration for all sorts of cars, old and new.

The paint I used for the subframe was Duplicolors hight heat low gloss spray paint. I used that mostly on everything I have painted so far, except for the rearsets.

#27 · (Edited)
I got my CF parts from a member who had them on his bike. But there are a few members on here who make the parts. Getting a hold Of them is the difficult part.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#26 ·
The bracket is actually from Those fenders. It's purpose is to hold the Brake light housing. But I have purchased everything from Honda Powerhouse.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#31 ·
yah i used a sandpaper with a 320-420 grit. Lightly sanded so that paint was able to stick. I painted everything except the fairings.

#34 ·
Not to much stuff. Although i think Im always looking for new stuff to do on the bike. But here is a list of things I have left before the spring starts.

-HID/Projectors
-Putting on the Honda Carbon kit
-making and then putting on my custom decals
-Change out the LEDs in the gauge cluster.
-tidy up the wiring for the tail light under the tail fairing.
-wrappings my mirrors in Carbon Fiber

...theres more but i cant thing of it right now.

#35 ·
Your paint that you did yourself came out really good. Ive been blacking out a few pieces on my bike the past few weeks also. Im interested in the exact name of the paint you used. Mainly on your gas cap and side heat shields. They almost look powder coated. Either way, it looks sick. The kind I used made it look glossy, and I dont want that look on my heat shield and gas cap. But after seeing your gas cap, I wanna paint mine with that paint.

Its coming along real nice though.

#36 ·
Its Dupli-color Engine Enamel, Low Gloss Black

#39 ·
Bikes coming along very nicely.
Welcome To the addiction.

Reactions: JWRusk
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.