Original thread for '07+ can be found here
I found that my install on my '03 was a bit more involved and took pics while I was doing it so I thought I would throw this together.
2 x hitch pin clips 5/64
2 x socket head cap screws M6X1.00 x 16mm
2 x wave lock washers 6mm
2 x fender washers 3/8 x 1 1/4
2 x nuts to fit screws
1 x 2 pack of 5/64 high speed drill bits
*Note: I will get exact part sizes when I get home, currently at work
1. Remove your seat the current shitty way
2. Remove the brass inserts in your seat that the current bolts pass through
3. Thread a nut onto each bolt - Make them tight
4. Verify that the new bolts w/nut will not fit through the holes in the seat - If they do
skip to step 6, if not move onto 5
5. Using a Dremel(or comparable), hollow out the holes until the screws w/ nut will fit though the hole
6. Screw the new bolt w/nut into the threads for the seat adding a lock washer
7. Place the seat on the bike and verify that the screws entire head is visible over
the plastic part of the seat
8. Place the washer over the screw
9. Using the new drill bit, line up the drill and drill straight threw the head of the screw
10. Repeat steps 6-9 on adjacent side of bike
11. Thread the hitch pin clip through each of the bolts to make sure they fit
12. Place the seat over the screws
13. Place the washers over the plastic part of the seat and insert your pins
I love this mod. All credit goes to CBR Knight
for original concept but I had to tweak it for my '03.
This may or may not be the same for '05-'06. I have never looked at one up close and while the two generations are supposed to be almost interchangeable with certain parts, some can be different enough to create issues like I had.
Let me know if you have any questions or need more pics.