Concealed carry on your RR? : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Welcome to 600RR.net > General Discussion

General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

Sponsored by: TCX Boots

Old 03-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
Drick
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Concealed carry on your RR?

Does anyone here with a CPL conceal carry while riding? And if so how do you do it?

I try to when I ride, if im riding with a backpack I usually have it in the compartment where the water bladder goes if you put one in. I just slide it down inside in a leather holster. I have not found a comfortable way to wear it on my person while still be concealed.

Anyone else? Stories? Ideas of your own?

Is this even a good topic? I've been wondering myself how others do it.
"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"

President John F. Kennedy
Drick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
13bRotary
AMA Supersport Racer

I fabricated a mount on the side of my RR, and I carry my Mossberg 500 Persuader openly on it, Terminator style.
13bRotary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 13bRotary For This Useful Post:
.b0link (03-05-2012), itsgRReat (03-05-2012), nEEdLzZz (03-05-2012), raysmith925 (09-27-2012)
Old 03-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
m4co
Knee Dragger

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=248401
Heres a thread with the same topic.

I carry a Glock 23 and usually use my IWB holster, sometimes ill use my blackhawk serpa holster. And like you said, I will sometimes use my backpack if im just running to the store. Only problem with it being in the backpack is its pretty much pointless in there, and its kind of hard to take it from the pack to the waistband in public places. Id rather nobody know im carrying
http://www.aocsuperbikes.blog.com

2007 CBR 600RR White
2010 Ford Focus
m4co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
Drick
AMA Supersport Racer

Exactly. Its kind of pointless in a backpack but its still there. Im looking into a .380 to fit into a pocket. I have a slender frame and its hard for me to conceal a full size pistol IWB without heavy clothes over top and when I go into a store or something I don't want it to print on my shirt when I take my jacket off.

Sorry....didn't see there was another thread.
"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"

Old 03-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
tripage
LED Surgeon General

Feedback Score: 88 reviews
LCP .380. Carry it everywhere wearing anything. You can get this with the belt clip IWB.
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...tegory&path=36
IT taillight install:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9O_P34yOd-c
Become a fan of Tripage Get Discount codes and specials
http://www.facebook.com/TripageLED

TripageLED.com
Sales@TripageLED.com
tripage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
CK_32
Moto GP Racer

Back pack. Trust me you don't want it avalable ASAP. Your duty is to try to retreat at all possible.

So after fleeing then you can pull it out takes 2 seconds with practice. If in your pocket 1 it could fall out or will take you longer trying to unzip and get out of a small pocket.

If you want it at the ready I suggest the rib style holders or under armor holster shirts. But I would not reccomend it due to the factor of being a little hasty for access. Back pack gives you a little more time to figure out if your really ready to draw.

And contrary to what people believe if your putting your back pack or taking it off if your smart about it 98% of people dot even know you have a gun and won't pay attention to you anymore as if you were reaching in a pocket.

If anything id focus on someone reaching in a pocket or jacket than someone taking off their backpack and slipping it out of a pocket.

My YouTube channel.

Support your troops, Not your government.
CK_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #7
Drick
AMA Supersport Racer

^very good point. That's actually what I was thinking about a back pack too. If a situation ever arouse that you needed it. It will just look like your reaching into your backpack as your trying to flea the situation and if you still need it you can grab it. And not many people would expect a pistol to come out like you would expect from someone reaching in their side pocket or waste band. I carry a full size Springfield XD .40

Old 03-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
TheX
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 1,988 Times in 1,333 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
In the trunk of the 1000RR, not in the new bike though. It has no trunk,
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #9
Drick
AMA Supersport Racer

Its good to see we have a number of people on here exercising their right to carry. And doing so responsibly. It'll be a cold day in hell when the criminals are the only ones with firearms (and hopefully it never comes to that like it has in other countries)

Old 03-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #10
GRida600
Friendly Neighborhood Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK_32 View Post
Back pack. Trust me you don't want it avalable ASAP. Your duty is to try to retreat at all possible.

So after fleeing then you can pull it out takes 2 seconds with practice. If in your pocket 1 it could fall out or will take you longer trying to unzip and get out of a small pocket.

If you want it at the ready I suggest the rib style holders or under armor holster shirts. But I would not reccomend it due to the factor of being a little hasty for access. Back pack gives you a little more time to figure out if your really ready to draw.

And contrary to what people believe if your putting your back pack or taking it off if your smart about it 98% of people dot even know you have a gun and won't pay attention to you anymore as if you were reaching in a pocket.

If anything id focus on someone reaching in a pocket or jacket than someone taking off their backpack and slipping it out of a pocket.
Im gonna have to disagree with that. One should know If they need it or not. I will never pull my gun unless I know the moment I put my hand on it whatever i'm about to aim at is getting put down. Plus if you are in a situation that you need it asap and don't have it then its doing you no good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullast View Post
cbr604, you're a douche. NOBODY said anything offensive or disrespectful and you come off with blatent ignorance. Don't kill yourself on your bike. Spare the machine. Its obvious you're a wanna be E-Thug. Your mother should have swallowed you.
GRida600 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GRida600 For This Useful Post:
GuffRR (04-02-2014), Kronos (01-29-2014)
Old 03-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #11
Bullast
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Exactly Grida.

What the hell is the point of having it if its stuffed away in a bag? That'll do you little good in a life and death situation.

FOR SALE

Bits

Leupold 1" Unimount
Bullast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #12
CK_32
Moto GP Racer

You might but trust me a lot of people jump the gun literally. You take a life the world sees your as big of a criminal as the guy trying to take your life. Just because you have it doesn't mean the law says you can use it. Unless you live in a Podunk town and have it in with the judge of the town here in CA youll better be ready to sign your life away taking another's.

If not it better be clear as day your life was in danger or your in for a long trial.

My YouTube channel.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #13
ifiexplode
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullast View Post
Exactly Grida.

What the hell is the point of having it if its stuffed away in a bag? That'll do you little good in a life and death situation.
Hold on 2 secs. Dont beat me with the bat yet and take my money or steal my bike. I gotta get my gun out first its in my backpack
ifiexplode is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ifiexplode For This Useful Post:
Kronos (01-29-2014)
Old 03-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #14
CK_32
Moto GP Racer

I'm not here to argue.. But if you feel another way nessasary then by all means to for it. But when that situation comes up you let me know how it turns out. I'll be sticking with my back pack set up. I would consider my serpa Holster but I doubt that would be comfertable on a ride.

And I bet I could easily pull my weapon just as fast as you guys from my pack than you from your pocket. But your lives your decisions.

Don't mock it until you try it.

My YouTube channel.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #15
JuzCallMeDEE
AMA Supersport Racer

This is the issue I've been trying to resolve since I've had a bike...I need a place to lock the gun up if I'm out riding and we decide to go in a bar, restaurant etc...tucking it on me while I ride is the easy part

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
JuzCallMeDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #16
Nuttynu
BOTM Winner 1/13

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Pepper spray for me. Nuff said !

My Ride Report :

-Alaska,The Last Frontier

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash a-ron View Post

"To travel by motorcycle there are 3 things- youth, time, and money. You only get 2. Pick wisely."
Nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #17
JuzCallMeDEE
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
And I bet I could easily pull my weapon just as fast as you guys from my pack than you from your pocket.
No way ur that fast lol

Old 03-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #18
Drick
AMA Supersport Racer

I feel the same way^

And everyone is entitled to their own opinion and should also respect other peoples opinion.

Some people do jump the gun and use their weapon on people without good cause. But a little fact with statistics that I just read in the news. And I cannot remember the exact number (ill try and find the article) but police officers mis identified and killed just over twice as much people as CPL holders did last year. Now no wrongful death is a good thing, just interesting numbers is all. I believe is was 20 some for CPL holders and almost 70 for police officers. But don't quote me on those numbers.

But take into consideration all the people killed last year by street thugs that were not even legally allowed to own a firearm and the argument against the right to conceal carry seems kinda silly.

That said, I do agree with having your weapon close to you over having it in your backpack. But in my current situation with not being able to carry on my person comfortably and fully concealed ill have to resort to the next best thing and that's in my back pack. One of these days ill buy a .380 LCP for my pocket for all times.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #19
Drick
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuzCallMeDEE View Post
This is the issue I've been trying to resolve since I've had a bike...I need a place to lock the gun up if I'm out riding and we decide to go in a bar, restaurant etc...tucking it on me while I ride is the easy part

I hope your not discussing consuming alcohol while carrying....if you intend on drinking then you should not be carrying your firearm. And there is not a possible legal place to lock a firearm in your bike if you have been drinking. In other words...if you intend on drinking then leave the pistol at home. That's even a very grey area if your in a car with it locked in the truck after you've had one.

Its just not worth it to risk loosing your right to carry for one beer

Last edited by Drick; 03-04-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #20
CK_32
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuzCallMeDEE View Post
No way ur that fast lol

Unless you ride like a squid.. With leathers or textile I'm probably just as fast. If there talking t shirt yea your faster by far. But with gloves leathers and the covered zippers on jackets good luck getting that 2 second draw time.

I'm thinking of after the shot if not more than taking the shot. Personally I'd rather be dead then get scared panic and shoot someone and spend 20+ years in prison. Especially with the risk of going down way less chance of my padded backpack sending off a round than a gun against my body going with every role I do when the back pack may and hopefully will rip off after a few roles. Also you MIGHT have to pull your gun once in your life time. I'd rather have it be secured and I'm comfertable riding than maybe fall out on the high way or go off in a fall. I think you guys are thinking too much into the shot than the whole picture of carrying it for 10 years before MAYBE having to use it. again I'd rather lose 2 seconds than a few days or years of paper work of reporting a lost gun or a misfire or taking someone else's life because I was drawing my weapon in 2 seconds than giving up 2 seconds to maybe figure out my life wasn't in danger or was avoided with out drawing.

Again do what you guys want. I just stated an opinion and you guys are all over it don't like it then don't do it. But be open minded. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean it can't work.

My YouTube channel.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #21
Drick
AMA Supersport Racer

Exactly.

The way I look at it is this. If there is a threat a stones throw away from you then it will naturally take your brain a second or two to process what is happening, then you will realize you need your pistol and sling the bag forward unzip and grab. Otherwise your unzipping your jacking and reaching in. All of which I would imagine will take approx the same time give or take a few tenths of a second. This will give you prime time to process the situation and make sure it is a time that you need to pull a pistol.

Very very very few incidents occur like the one someone mentioned above where someone charges you with a baseball bat out of no where. And if they are within say 30 feet of you with a baseball bat or knife and charging you then regardless of where your gun is a human being can cover 30 feet alot faster than you can draw a weapon from your pocket or bag. So that argument doesn't make much sense either.

The majority of all instances start with a verbal altercation first and then escalate into more. And that's when you should have all your time needed to process weather or not you need your pistol and of at all possible you can get away without drawing it. Obviously that isn't the case for all of them but if a guy is within a few feet with a bat or knife then regardless of where your gun is he WILL be able to run you down and use it faster than you can draw if that's his ultimate goal.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #22
CK_32
Moto GP Racer

Im not saying the others were wrong and I'm right I'm just saying I personally feel in the backpack has less risks over on your person at least on a motorcycle. And that these fantasy dreams of only having seconds to draw and pull the trigger just don't exist and people need to think out side of some random person 3 feet away will pull a knife on me and suprise me usually you see or notice the threat and analyze (giving time to unholsteted or draw or. E on the ready) and already be half drawn before they even charge or it's a false alarm and you can just re holster or put back in the pack.

My YouTube channel.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #23
m4co
Knee Dragger

Quote:

If I can retreat..im retreating to stay out of the situation completely, not fumbling around with my backpack. Fight or Flight

2007 CBR 600RR White
2010 Ford Focus
Old 03-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #24
Xanithe
Training Wheel Hero

RAD Backpack
Xanithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #25
JuzCallMeDEE
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drick View Post
I hope your not discussing consuming alcohol while carrying....if you intend on drinking then you should not be carrying your firearm. And there is not a possible legal place to lock a firearm in your bike if you have been drinking. In other words...if you intend on drinking then leave the pistol at home. That's even a very grey area if your in a car with it locked in the truck after you've had one.

Its just not worth it to risk loosing your right to carry for one beer
I know the conceal carry laws. Cant have one drink and carry concealed here in NC. Just saying if I were to stop at a place for a while. Just an example

Old 03-05-2012, 12:48 AM   #26
Coondawg_07
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I carry everywhere I go. Some time I ride with it in an IWB holster with my jacket covering. Sometimes I carry one in a bag. Sometimes I do both. I usually have a gun in my hip and one in the center console of my car. I'm always double packing in my car.

BTW a Glock 27 is my daily CCW.

http://www.facebook.com/cCoons

Coondawg_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #27
CK_32
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanithe View Post
I've seen that. Bad as* I think your helmet would cause a problem getting it over your headtho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondawg_07 View Post
I carry everywhere I go. Some time I ride with it in an IWB holster with my jacket covering. Sometimes I carry one in a bag. Sometimes I do both. I usually have a gun in my hip and one in the center console of my car. I'm always double packing in my car.

BTW a Glock 27 is my daily CCW.
You sir are a tad over prepared/ paranoid IMO lol

My YouTube channel.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #28
JuicedS2K
Training Wheel Hero

I wish! Deff not in jersey.
JuicedS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:34 AM   #29
m4co
Knee Dragger

To each his own, but I dont think Coondawg is over prepared. There are plenty of people who carry a back up and I think its a wise choice. Maybe not for every place you go, but for specific places and certain times..yes.
You can never be to prepared. Survival of the fittest these days..and I dang well want to survive

2007 CBR 600RR White
2010 Ford Focus
Old 03-05-2012, 01:44 AM   #30
biglen
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Im old fashioned i use my fists.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement