Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

SHAdoh's '07 CBR600RR

77K views 211 replies 88 participants last post by  dafobra 
#1 · (Edited)
Wassup 600rr.net members!!

New to the site, but not to the scene. This is my 2nd sportbike (previously owned an 1999 Yamaha R6) and been dreaming/wishing to get the 2007 Honda CBR600RR in Pearl White since it's debut! I'm glad to say that 2012 is my best year thus far! Got out of debt and was able to make the wish HAPPEN! I already have some "goodies" in mind of purchasing for my ride..so stay tuned! Here is how she stood when I picked her up @ January 29th, 2012....

:+1: The previous owner had the following items included..

~ Vortex white frame sliders (interchangeable)
~ CRG bar-end mirrors x2
~ Fender eliminator kit w/signal lights
~ Rear Honda Racing solo seat cowl (color matching)
~ Hot Bodies flush mount front turn signals (smoke)
~ Hot Bodies double bubble smoke windscreen
~ Color matched mirror block-off plates

*January 31, 2012*

Picked up some "goodies" from my local Temple City Powersports store

~ Front/Rear race stands
~ Progrip reflective white wheel stripe tape
~ Vortex spools (black)
~ Battery Tender plug (already have the charger unit)

* February 1st, 2012 *

Got some more "goodies" from TST Industries

~ TST Industries Integrated smoke tail lights
~ TST Industries shorty brake/clutch levers set
~ TST Industries LED license plate light

I didn't however agree with the red accent(right) The ONLY color they come in!, so I took off the anodize & went with the raw look (left)

* February 5th, 2012 *

Did an Oil Change, topped-off the fluids (radiator & brake), and got F/R new tires! Dunlop Q2 Sportmax

Found a polished brake reservoir cap from my scooter, so I used it for the rear

* February 9th, 2012 *

Ordered some frame plugs from Lawst Caws

* February 15th, 2012 *

I wanted to upgrade comfort for the rides on her.. so I opted for a Saddleman Carbon Fiber Track style Gel channel seat w/rear billion & Kuryakyn rubber-padded grips (its got wider grip, thus causing less hand fatigue/cramps)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
* February 23rd, 2012 *

I wanted to enhance my visibility towards traffic for my night rides, so I ordered the reflective-black "Wing's shadow kit" from Tape Works & GIPro gear indicator (white) from BallZmotorsports

* February 24th, 2012 *

Was done installing the goods in the AM.. so I snapped some pics the next day..

picked up some "ebay" china mirrors.. they actually not bad! & Cheap$!!

Progrip clear tank protector :gun1: (didn't want to hide the beautiful pearl white!)

Close-up of TST levers & Kuryakyn grips

#9 ·
The Kuryakyn rubber-padded grips works awesome! VERY comfortable.. feels cushion-y.. plus it's got a wider girth, so gripping it wouldn't cause too much fatigue as the normal sized girth grips.. Since I installed them, I can ride much longer w/o the infamous "hand cramps". The goal for me was all about comfort! :banger:

#4 ·
Nice! Congrats man. You're not too far from me. Funny, A LOT of the 600rr riders that I've met in the 626 area are oblivious of the existence of the knowledge and quality of people on this forum. Welcome.

#11 ·
* March 7th, 2012 *

Had another visit to Temple City Powersports & picked up an aftermarket chain guard... when I got home, my other package was waiting for me!

~ PUIG Chain Guard (black)
~ XS Boost Fan controller

* March 16th, 2012 *

My "Light" package has arrived! Time to get to work!!!

~ LUMINIS HID kit -ebay-
~ CCFL Angel eye (white)
~ Side emitting leds (white)

This You-Tube clip convinced me to try the LUMINIS.. :banger:

More to come... I just ordered some more crap! :retard:

#52 ·
* March 7th, 2012 *

* March 16th, 2012 *
My "Light" package has arrived! Time to get to work!!!

~ LUMINIS HID kit -ebay-
This You-Tube clip convinced me to try the LUMINIS.. :banger:[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=495lWBOL-eA[/URL]

These have arrived for me today - Thanks by the way - I noticed there's no "Seperate" igniter... I'm no electrician but this is ODD.. isnt it ???

#16 · (Edited)
* 3/16/2012 *

Performed the Install over the weekend of the items that required me to take the fairings off... might as well do it ALL in one time!

I started off @ Friday night after work to take her apart and prep the lighting install..

* 3/17/2012 *

Woke up, ate and went at the lighting project..(I didn't take any pics of the process since there are an abundant of threads @ here!) :+1:

What's being installed today?

Gear Indicator, XSBoost fan controller, HID, CCFL Halos, & side emitting strips, & a 5 prong relay to control the lighting...

CCFL Halos in place & glued! & Audi style leds

Also wanted to show how I did the HID wire outlet more..

draw lines in middle to find the cross point & drill "1 hole

Use a razor blade to smooth-trim out the excess..

Pull the wires in like so..

VOILA!

I Finished up everything by Monday morning @4am! (I had one wire hooked up wrong & took like forever to trace back) I will take pics of it when all fairings are back on!

The GIPro & XS Boost fan control switch

#17 ·
* 3/19/2012 *

My exhaust arrived!!

CF Jardine RT-1 Dual outlet slip-on .. thanks to Bio-hazards for the deal!

Because she is still apart since the weekend, I decided to rattle can the rear sub-frame area black.. So I prepped her for paint tonight! Instead of sanding, I'm using the scuff method to rough up the surface.. will paint tomorrow after work if weather permits! :thumbup:

#20 ·
Why the fan control switch? Haven't seen that before or heard of a need for one. Curious...
The fan control switch WILL come in handy during So Cal traffic rush hours & traffic jams (when you CANNOT lane split) when your bike starts to rise in temp.. simply switch on the fan switch and ride no worries of over-heating.. no "real" need of one... just helps to have it!

Just like that quote from AVP.. "I'd rather have it & not need it.. than need it & not have it!" :thumbup: lol... Plus you can ride with it off and let the stock settings kick it in..

looks great, im def gonna pull the trigger on the saddlemen seat...how is it compared to stock?
I think anything compared to the stock seat is better! The stock one is like rock hard! After riding w/the saddleman seat.. it felt much more comfortable, plus it has that "air" gel channel that really works! No more sweaty ass cracks! BUT.. this seat is ONLY comfortable for those of you w/wide asses! Since I'm a really skinny ass (5'9 @ 132 lbs).. NOT too comfy! :bootyshak

If you wanna buy mine, I'll sell it for $200 shipped! I never used the rear at all. The seat has seen about 50 miles or less of ride time.. lemme know! :banger:

#21 · (Edited)
* 3/21/2012 *

Had her ALL masked & prepped! Ready for the DIY rattle canned paint job!

* 3/22/2012 *

After allowing the paint to dry for over night (forgot to snap a pic) I starting to put her back together! Since I was still in the "modding mood", I thought to better fit the (+) boot for the battery terminal.. trimmed for the tender plug..

Nice and flushed!

Assembly & "testing" coming along..

I wired the HID's & CCFL Halo's to a 5 prong relay (as dual lights) to the stock light switch! As for the Audi style leds... I wired them to the center light (which is the D.R.L.)

So... this is my "High Beam"

Close Up

And this would be my "low beam"

#25 ·
sell it to me! I've yet to find a white one for sale. DAMN IT.

HELL NO!!

I've been wanting this bike! In this year! In this color! Since its debut @ end of 2006 @ the Motorcycle Show!! Researched & compared vs the '08 , '09 , '10 , '11 models.. and came to conclusion that 2007 was THE best year of production for the 600rr's! Finally have a good job now to actually support this "sickness" & put dreams into reality & onto this bike.. and you want to buy it off me?? lol :crackup:

just messing.. I understand.. where you from? Cuz I'm finding a couple of whites ones here in So Cal for sale.. BUT the cheapest would be @ the $6K range during this season...

#30 ·
* 3/26/2012 *

My Luimoto Seat KIT had arrived along w/my prototype Gel insert pad...

* 3/28/2012 *

Been wanting to get side-tank pads, but couldn't find any to my liking... until my local TCPS store came through with this!
Of course CLEAR!

Installed!

* 3/29/2012 *

My Tripage adjustable tag bracket came in! Looks good quality!

Since the tag bracket came in... this Sat should be working on shortening the Jardine... :thumbup:

#33 ·
Those grips sure are interesting... they look comfy as fawk...
Hell yes they are!! It makes one hellava difference in riding her now! My hands no longer cramp up into "retard mode" during rides or commutes. :+1:

These are like the Cruiser style grips for the CBR's! You can find them @ ebay too

#35 ·
How do you like the Rascal Grafik tank grips? Are they effective at all? What does the material feel like? I've read/seen them online before, but never in person.

#36 ·
Love them.. my knees no longer "slip" from gripping the gas tank. They ARE effective & on the plus side looks cool & clear! The material some-whats feels the same as the progrip tank pads, but alot harder.. if your in the area, you can check out my bike @ bike night at Temple City Powersports on Thursday night (4/12/2012)

#38 · (Edited)
* 3/30/2012 *

I Finished the Luimoto Seat(s) cover install! (w/Gel insert)

Here is how the Gel sits on the stock foam for the Rider seat..

I had some extra pieces of the prototype gel from triming... so I installed whatever I had left onto the passenger seat..

The FINISHED SEAT(S)

Rider Seat...

Passenger Seat...

WITH CF STRAP

WITHOUT

The BEFORE/AFTER

Stock Seats

Luimoto Custom Seat Covers

My "Butt" is now SATISFIED! :banger:

Very comfy!! :+1: & stylish!! :+1:

#39 ·
* 4/1/2012 *

Completed the Tripage Tag Bracket Install... also went SUPER crazy w/the Honda polisher/cleaner EVERYWHERE!

...also instead of painting or powder coating the exhaust bracket... I used what was left over from the Tapeworks kit.. gives it a nice "halo-like" ring to the Jardine CF canister.. (you can also see that I used alot of the "excess" in most areas..)

The back of the swingarm..

(if you plan on cleaning areas like your sprocket or rear brake rotor.. I'd advise to spray onto the cloth, not directly to the area you wish to clean)

I'd have to REALLY give it up to Tripage and their Ingenious design of a Tag Bracket holder!!! It's MOFO SEXY! Exactly what I was looking for!!

Some more "glamour" shots... lol... ENJOY :rocker:

Back View

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.