Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Henry1jg's Build Thread

4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  henry1jg 
#1 ·
So I started with a 2003 R6, I loved the bike from the minute I saw it. So I bought it, even though I had my reservations about it being a track bike at one time. She was fast, she was beautiful, but she was a POS! Sold her in March 2012.

Three days after I sold the R6, I picked up my 2008 600RR. She had 2,900 miles, & was bone stock. Wasn't sure about the Silver & Black theme initially, but it grew on me & now I absolutely love it.

The day I got her, sitting at the shop:

See less See more
#11 ·
Well, reserved all those posts, but can't edit them now. Lol. Oh well.

So, here is what went down over the 2012-2013 winter. It sucked soooo bad to be down for that long, but the bike looks amazing!

Powder coated the rear sets, heel guards, passenger pegs, & gas cap:

Here are the rims after being PC'd:

Tripage LED Passenger Pegs (2 rows of 10 on back, 5 on side):

#12 ·
Here se is all naked & ready for a makeover! Big thanks to my friend for loaning out her agarge for free all winter! Luckily she doesn't use it. Her loss was my gain!

Added a tank pad. Matches very well with the black gas cap:

PC'd the levers and bar ends Honda Red to match the wheels:

Also got these badass eBay RR Heel guards PC'd to match the other red pieces. Big ups to Tripage, he is a mastermind. I will be going to him for anything PC related til the day I die:

Here are the rims on the bike:

#13 ·
Here are the LED passenger pegs on the bike:

Also had an HID kit with an Audi LED strip, dal white angel eyes, and a 500k 35w HID kit installed through Borka. It was a major pain in the ass, but I'm still happy that I got it done. The rear angel eye didnt work on one side, so I unplugged the other so it would match :(

Here she is as she stands today!

#14 ·
New build threads always are the coolest, just watching someones bike change is so cool.

I like the upgrades you did here, sometimes the simplest things make the biggest differences.

so what made you choose the red as your accent color??

#15 ·
It just seemed like it would fit well with the silver & black. I liked the red in the sticker on the tail fairing, and that got me thinking. So I Googled a bit, and did some photo shopping, which just cemented for me that it was a perfect choice!

Now, to leave the stickers or not.... :ponder:

#17 ·
leave the stickers they look good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.