Idling Issue. : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Technical Talk > Troubleshooting

Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
Bzktmoto
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Idling Issue.

Gents,

If I could get some input on my problem I'd really appreciate it. I have a 07' with a PC3, K&N filter and two bros slip on. Everything was running great until I changed out my drive sprocket to a 15T, not sure if its coincidence or what, but afterwards when I took it out for a ride I noticed at red lights it was idling at around 17-1900 rpms.

Next day I let it idle to warm up and everything seemed fine, it was at ~1500 rpms and as soon as I crack the throttle it immediatly starts to idle at around 1900 rpms again. Any thoughts on what is going on?
Bzktmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
Bzktmoto
Training Wheel Hero

Adjusted throttle cabe and doens't seem to help

Last edited by Bzktmoto; 10-16-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #3
Bzktmoto
Training Wheel Hero

I went for ride today and its back to idling high. Here is a video of what its doing. Mods can you please edit the title..thank you.

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=IMG_0265.mp4

Last edited by Bzktmoto; 10-19-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
Bzktmoto
Training Wheel Hero

I got down the IACV valve and when I turn the bike on it spins but there is no beep?(The service manual says there should be a beep noise) Anyone know anything about this?

Last edited by Bzktmoto; 10-16-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
Bzktmoto
Training Wheel Hero

Well I have a IACV valve on order and I was messing around with the map sensor yesterday and noticed when I unplug the sensor while my bike is idiling high, it drops to about the normal idle range....does anyone know how to diagnose a bad map sensor?
Old 10-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
tenjin
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
wow, um, you are alll over the place on this thing man ....

start with the basics
first ask your self when you were doing the sprocket change did you disconnect any thing? if you did, is it reconnected

not saying it cant be something failed, but i hightly doubt it

DDM 55w 7k HID
Sliders
Black Vortex Rearsets
R&G Bar Ends
Black passenger pegs
JPR Shorty levers
Drive Systems Superlight rear sprocket +2
Drive systems front sprocket -1
EK 520MVXZ black chain
Arata Ti Slipon with Ti mid pipe
Pro-Bolts black fairing bolt kit
Versah RJL Brake pads
Flushmounts
fender eliminator
Pair Delete
Bazzaz AFM

tenjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #7
Bzktmoto
Training Wheel Hero

No man I don't believe so, I'll double check but the only wire I remember that was disconnected was something down by the kickstand when I took off the dust cover, which just seemed to be a ground.
I've been all over the place because of stuff I've been reading on the forum regarding high idling & the IACV valve & the Map sensor. But again my bike only has about 12,500 miles on it so I wouldn't really expect them to fail this early either...
Old 10-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
ceebeyar600
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzktmoto View Post
No man I don't believe so, I'll double check but the only wire I remember that was disconnected was something down by the kickstand when I took off the dust cover, which just seemed to be a ground.
I've been all over the place because of stuff I've been reading on the forum regarding high idling & the IACV valve & the Map sensor. But again my bike only has about 12,500 miles on it so I wouldn't really expect them to fail this early either...
my bike idles at around 2k.. just a slip on and a high flow air filter (BMC i think is the brand slipped my mind) mines idled like that since i got it though. didnt think it was a real big deal
ceebeyar600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #9
Bzktmoto
Training Wheel Hero

Im just going off of what the service manual says, which is your idle should be 1400 +/- 100 rpms to be in spec for 07' + I believe. I have the same mods as you and everything was idling fine until recently so it may be worth checking out your bike as well.

Last edited by Bzktmoto; 10-22-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #10
Bzktmoto
Training Wheel Hero

Alright guys just wanted to follow up, I finally took my bike up to the dealer to have them check it out and evidently I was on the right track with replacing the IACV valve. Where I went wrong is, the service tech told me anytime you replace anything related to fuel injection system you must let the bike do a 10 min idle so the ECU can adjust. Once they hooked my ECU up to their engine diag. computer and let my bike go through a 10 min idle procedure all was fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement