New Member, hello! : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Welcome to 600RR.net > New Members

New Members New members MUST post in this section to introduce themselves to the RR family of ours. Failure to do so will prohibit posting in other forums.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
StanSama
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Member, hello!

Hello 600RR members! My name is Stan. New poster here, so I suppose I'm a noob. I'm also a noob with the 600RR, but not to riding. I got my motorcycle license directly after getting my drivers license, so I've been legally riding for 11 years now. Before that it was dirtbikes and my mom's Honda Rebel when "the" cop wasn't in town. I grew up on an island off the coast of Maine and we've only ever had a part-time police officer who is usually around most weekends, so when he wasn't around my mom would let me take the Rebel out for a cruise.
When I got my license I picked up a '97 Ninja 500R. This was a great "first" road bike, plenty of power for a young rider, comfortable, and it was pretty cheap. I road this for a few years before going to college and then sold it to help with tuition. Sometime during college, I think my junior year, I missed riding and saved some spare cash to pick up a 2005 GSXR 750. (Yea I know, I've seen a lot of hate posts on Suzukis throughout these threads, but please keep it to yourself). I liked the bike a lot, it was damn quick, handled like a dream, but it was a bit too big for me. I stand at 5'11 and I'm not sure what my arm length is, but I found that I was forced to hunch over the tank too much to reach the bars, and it wasn't comfortable for longer rides. I kept this bike for 3 years and it was my DD. Luckily I had a work vehicle supplied for me during the first two winters after I graduated, so I didn't need another vehicle. My company closed, however, and the next winter I was forced to sell my bike to get a car.
I've saved up some money again, because I just can't stand to not be on a motorcycle, and recently picked up a 2004 600RR.
I love this bike! I haven't spent much time on it yet, as the season was coming to end I didn't want to spend money registering/insuring blah blah so I rode it very little (again, while the cop was gone), and it also desperately needs a new rear tire as it's quite flat in the center. I didn't dare corner too hard, or push the bike very hard at all, so I haven't really had the chance to get a feel for it yet. But damn! It feels just as quick as my 750 was! And I sit much more comfortably than I did on the Suzuki. The bars feel a little bit closer, and my feet reach the ground better. I can't wait until next spring to hit the roads with some fresh rubber and see how well it takes the twisties!
She has a bit over 9k miles (though I'm not sure if this is correct, as the title is "repaired" and it says something about not actual mileage), and a little bit of road rash. There are some scrapes on the tail, and a couple of broken spots on the mid fairings, a few missing fairing bolts, but all in all doesn't seem like anything major that can't be fixed. I'm not a mechanic, I do work on my Integra, but never much with motorcycles aside from changing fluids and removing the wheels for tire replacements, but I'd like to be able to maintain this bike by myself (for the most part). I'd like to inspect the bike more and make sure nothing is wrong with it first and foremost. It rides straight, engine sounds smooth so I'm sure that whatever crash/incident that caused the rashes wasn't too serious, but I'd like to inspect it thoroughly, or even bring it somewhere to get it checked out before next season.
So, I guess that's it for now. I'll be reading through threads for the information I need, and already have a huge list of subscriptions. BTW the links in one of the noob post stickies were awesome, thanks so much for putting those up! Sorry about lack of pictures, I'm currently not at home, but I'll try to snap a few asap and put them up. I'm glad to be part of this forum, I hope to gain a lot of knowledge and share some insight of my own if I can, though I'm sure most here are more knowledgable than myself. Have a great day and upcoming weekend everyone! Stay safe out there.
StanSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
stigrider
Knee Dragger

Welcome bro! I just start riding in April of this year and have 12,000 miles under my belt. I never done work on a bike or car before I got here, but there are plenty of diy threads and people who an explain the process to you. When you get a chance.. post some pics:)

08 CBR600RR:
Two Bro CF Slip
Arrow Headers
8000K Headlights
EBC Double H-Sintered (front and rear) eh
Lamin-x Dark Tint for Headlights
Kriega US-30
Powder Coated Rear and pegs

FS: PM if for info & Pics
Bazzaz FI TC w/Custom Map $430
Bank angle Sensor $20
stigrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
StanSama
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stigrider View Post
Welcome bro! I just start riding in April of this year and have 12,000 miles under my belt. I never done work on a bike or car before I got here, but there are plenty of diy threads and people who an explain the process to you. When you get a chance.. post some pics:)
Thanks for the welcome, I've been looking through the site and there's a lot of great information here. Wow, 12k miles since April? That's a lot of riding! Is it your DD or just on it every chance you get? I'll be taking some pics this weekend for sure. I wish I lived in a place that I could ride all year, being in Maine makes for a short season :(
Old 11-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
StanSama
Training Wheel Hero

Well, I gave up on waiting for my girlfriend to bring the camera home and snapped some pics with my ipod. Sorry they're not very good, I'll get some nice pictures this spring after I get her cleaned up and back on the road. Anyway, here's a few quick shots!

She's got a few rashes, but I'd like to repaint it white eventually. Mm, white bikes are so sexy. And I absolutely LOVE the 04 bodywork! Anyway, hope everyone had a good thanksgiving!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement