Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: RS Taichi RSJ826 Perforated Leather Jacket White size EUR 48 / US 38

4K views 41 replies 9 participants last post by  riot 
#1 ·
Hey guys, no longer have the bike so the gear needs to go as well.

I am looking to sell my (EUR 48 / US 38) RS Taichi 826 perforated leather jacket in the white/black color scheme. It is an amazing jacket that can easily be used year round. The perforation is perfect for the hot days, with a surprising amount of airflow. It also includes a rain liner for the wet days, which doubles as a wind breaker for the cooler days. Throw an underarmor shirt on underneath and then its great even in colder weather.

The jacket is in great condition. Never went down in it. It is size EUR 48 or US 38. I know its a bit on the smaller side, but i'm sure there is others out there like me :cruising: Originally paid like $460+tax for this jacket and it was worth every penny.

I would like to sell it for around $350. I think that is a fair price for a rider to get into an amazing jacket. That includes the jacket, the liner, and the taichi hanger. If you are interested and would like to make an offer, I will entertain them but will likely want to stay nearest the aforementioned number.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7698

See less See more
#5 ·
How tall are you and how much do you weigh? I am 5'4 and about 160. Think it would fit?

#6 ·
I think it would fit perfectly, actually.

I am a few inches taller than that and found it to be a hair short in the waist area. Not enough to bother (can't tell when sitting on the bike), but had it been slightly lower I would of felt better about it (ha!) Also we are very close on weight. Honestly it sounds like exactly your size. If you want to maybe check out the sizing chart on STG for another reference point it may help.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

#7 · (Edited)
Can you do me a favor and measure from the top of the acordian stretch panel to the end of the wrist? Also from the bottom of the stretch panel to the wrist? And tell me how many inches you get. I have really short arms.

Also, under the sizing chart of leather jackets I should be looking at the size "m"???? Because according to that. I seem to be in all of the requirements.

#9 · (Edited)
Can you do me a favor and measure from the top of the acordian stretch panel to the end of the wrist? Also from the bottom of the stretch panel to the wrist? And tell me how many inches you get. I have really short arms.
Sure! I actually have long arms, and again -- wished they were a bit longer for me! Which means it will more than likely fit you great. I had to wear full gauntlet gloves in order to cover my wrists.

It is kind of difficult to measure arm length on the jacket because it is made/positioned for slightly bent elbows (riding position) so I will have to kind of fugde it a bit and measure from shoulder to elbow, then elbow to wrist.

The accordion panel at the shoulder is about 1 3/4in wide.

From TOP of accordion panel to BOTTOM of wrist is about 26in

From TOP of accordion panel to elbow is about 13in, with the additional 13in being from elbow to BOTTOM of wrist.

Those are slightly rough measurements for reasoning above.... but should give you a good idea.

I also just tried to measure my own arm from shoulder to wrist and got about 25in but that is also hanging down straight, not bent in riding position.

Hopefully that helps! lol

But based on experience, I would say you are probably golden.... both areas you mentioned are where I felt it wasnt quite long enough for me, both of which work better in your favor.

*EDIT* I am not sure why they list them like that under the size chart. I thought the S/M/L was Jap sizes and US/EURO had numbers. I am not sure how that correlates with that chart.

#8 ·
Awesome seller to do business with spanking jacket indeed and the bonus is the price so grab it while its hot i got the same Jacket and love it indeed

Reactions: riot
#12 ·
Standing up, arm hanging -- tshirt seem to wrist bone im at 23 1/2in

I would say the jacket was easily 2in too short for my arms... so that leaves maybe an inch or so of "guessing room"

I really think you would be good to go.... but can never be certain until actually wearing it. Gauntlet gloves did wonders for hiding my wrists ;)

#13 ·
PM sent

10char

#15 ·
Responded again.

#18 ·
Working out details with mad_man if he can swing it, but as of this moment the jacket is still available!

Responded to PM / BUMP. :rocker:
Appreciate the patience.

#20 ·
Go ahead bro. I have a 40 in chest that I don't think will fit.

#24 ·
Small arms, big chest, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.