Black Ops 2 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Off Topic > Video Game Review & Discussions

Video Game Review & Discussions This forum is dedicated to reviews , discussions and any subjects that involve video games

Old 12-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
jdlandry06
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Black Ops 2

Been a few weeks and I'm surprised to not find a thread on Black Ops 2 yet.

My impression night 1. I wanted to break my controlled and break my BO2 disc. From someone who was averaging a 1.3 k/d in black ops and MW3 and after 14 hours of playing and barely breaking a 0.50 I found Black Ops 2 very frustrating.

But remembering back to Black ops and MW3 releases I can't say I was fond of them at the beginning either. It's a new game and everyone camps so it's hard to play a fast paced game like I was used to. I have since climbed to about a 0.96 k/d.

My only 2 big complaints so far are
1) Spawns. Absolutely terrible. Watching kill cams to see myself kill an opponent then seeing them re spawn behind me where I just killed them. Awesome.
2) Match making/hosting. Hardly ever get into a lobby where the host doesn't switch at least once. And the way the matches are paired you're either on a team of people all over a 1.0 k/d and 2nd prestige up already. Or your on a team of people who haven't gone positive in a game their entire xbox life.

I'm starting to get used to it unfortunately. But hopefully they get a patch out soon to fix some of this crap.
jdlandry06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
lownslo600
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yeah I have a love/hate relationship with the game right now. Main things that get me are the lag, spawns, and hit markers. I can fill someone full of lead on my screen then watch the replay and see that b/c of the lag I actually didn't get off one shot. Bought a new router and hardwired and I still only get 3 bars. And the spawn system.....I've had guys get triple kills off of me and I mean they killed me, I spawn in front of him (he kills me again) and then I spawn right in front again. I average high kills, but my k/d floats around .75 b/c of all the crappy matches I get in. I came in on a game last night on a team that was losing and I came in on the final kill cam. so I got a lose to my record without even getting to choose my weapon.

If nothing else, the zombies are pretty legit.
lownslo600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
CBRoman
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Terrible game. Played it at a friends house and didn't like it at all. I'll stick to Battlefield 3, thanks.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
AZrider19
Pocketbike Racer

game is absolutely horrible, talk about putting zero effort into making a game. all it is black ops one with a new look and some new weapons. still the worst game play ive ever seen in a fps. apparently your heart is in your legs, because 9 out 10 kill cams are shots in the legs or knees. all the people who helped design that game have clearly never shot a gun in their life and has absolutely NO idea on how they work and effects of each one. heaven forbid you do a little research on fps war game. so glad i didnt buy it (roommate did)

"Dam you must be fast, cause you were hauling ass when i passed you"
AZrider19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
lownslo600
AMA Supersport Racer

Yeah, pretty much only reason i'll keep it is for the zombies. That is prob the only reason they don't have a mass rush of returns. I played BF3 for a little but didn't like it. Toooooo many campers and snipers for me. Getting shot from across the map is not fun lol. Is it still that bad on Ps3?
Old 12-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
PhillyB
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Still a bigger fan of Battlefield 3 and the new Medal of Honor. Was never a COD fanboy. The kids who're riding the COD train didn't realize when it hit a wall.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
PhillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
AZrider19
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownslo600 View Post
Yeah, pretty much only reason i'll keep it is for the zombies. That is prob the only reason they don't have a mass rush of returns. I played BF3 for a little but didn't like it. Toooooo many campers and snipers for me. Getting shot from across the map is not fun lol. Is it still that bad on Ps3?
definitely the only reason ive ever played COD is for zombies. and i dont really find bf3 fun on any console, i play on the pc and its amazing. 64 people really make it a lot more exciting.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
Neptune
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZrider19 View Post
game is absolutely horrible, talk about putting zero effort into making a game. all it is black ops one with a new look and some new weapons.
Just like MW2, MW3, Black Ops, and this one. How can people not see that? It's almost as bad as the year after year release of all of eA's sports games. Seriously...how can anyone be excited and pay 65 bucks for the same **** over and over again? Blows my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle
Old 12-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
JohnDoubleR
Maynard

Went from a 1.7 kd on mw3 to a 1.3 on BO2. The graphics are clunky compared to mw3. BO2 doesn't seem as user friendly and I don't even really play BO2 anymore, I still pop in MW3 because all the noobs have it now so it's easy to destroy.

If anyone wants to play my PSN id: IntenseJohn

JohnDoubleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #10
lownslo600
AMA Supersport Racer

If u install the graphics to your hd it helps. And Neptune, at this point all fps games are the same. Only thing different is the maps, time/place, and the bugs. That includes cod series and medal of honor/battlefield. Halo is the only thing thats even close to being different and now I hear ppl saying that it reminds them of cod. Looking forward to Crysis 3, hoping it turns out well

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #11
CBRoman
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
...at this point all fps games are the same...
Have you ever played ANY of the Battlefield games? Take Battlefield 3 for example. It plays and feels nothing like any of the COD games. I haven't played very many other FPS games online, so I can't comment on them, but I'm pretty sure the feel of the game varies quite a bit from developer to developer.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #12
lownslo600
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRoman View Post
Have you ever played ANY of the Battlefield games? Take Battlefield 3 for example. It plays and feels nothing like any of the COD games. I haven't played very many other FPS games online, so I can't comment on them, but I'm pretty sure the feel of the game varies quite a bit from developer to developer.
I've played quite a few and have played BF3. What do you mean by the "feel" b/c thats going to be different on a person to person basis. This is the main difference I noticed in b/w the two. BF3 is big maps, vehicles, and has alotttttt of campers/snipers (which I can't stand). COD series in general is more fast paced (which I like), still has campers but fewer areas to do it in. Now I'm not a fanboy of either. I started on BF3 but it was too open for me and no matter how much I flanked, checked my corners, or even crawling across the map I got pegged by a sniper. Also I'm not sure if its as bad but there were alot more hackers but I played in when it was released. Now I can't comment on how good Warfighter is, but I heard it was too glitchy so been holding off, seems there still more focused on BF3 then that one.

But the basis of the games are the same. Its a FPS game there are only so many things you can do. You can change the rules, weapons, and what not but that doesn't make the game different really. Thats all I'm saying...when you get down to the core all FPS games are pretty much the same. Only ones that can even be considered somewhat different are the ones about aliens, mechwarriors, etc.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #13
iptydafool
Knee Dragger

my biggest complaint is knifing people, it's just absolutely horrible. I could be standing right behind someone camping and magically I miss. dafuq 0_0
Old 12-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #14
HardRacing.
Official Sponsor

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Still have not picked it up. Just going to wait to get it for Christmas.

HardRacing. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #15
CBRoman
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
I've played quite a few and have played BF3. What do you mean by the "feel" b/c thats going to be different on a person to person basis. This is the main difference I noticed in b/w the two. BF3 is big maps, vehicles, and has alotttttt of campers/snipers (which I can't stand). COD series in general is more fast paced (which I like), still has campers but fewer areas to do it in. Now I'm not a fanboy of either. I started on BF3 but it was too open for me and no matter how much I flanked, checked my corners, or even crawling across the map I got pegged by a sniper. Also I'm not sure if its as bad but there were alot more hackers but I played in when it was released. Now I can't comment on how good Warfighter is, but I heard it was too glitchy so been holding off, seems there still more focused on BF3 then that one.

But the basis of the games are the same. Its a FPS game there are only so many things you can do. You can change the rules, weapons, and what not but that doesn't make the game different really. Thats all I'm saying...when you get down to the core all FPS games are pretty much the same. Only ones that can even be considered somewhat different are the ones about aliens, mechwarriors, etc.
Ok, I agree with you that the underlying mechanics of the games are silmilar. What I meant by the feel of the game is, taking BF3 as an example again, the weapons and bullets "feel" heavier and like they have more substance than COD. I don't know it's hard to explain. And the pace of the games are very different. I don't find that there are a lot of campers in BF, people just aren't rushing like in COD. If you play BF like you play COD you're going to fail, just like if you play COD like you play BF you're going to fail. They each require different tactics.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #16
lownslo600
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Ok, I agree with you that the underlying mechanics of the games are silmilar. What I meant by the feel of the game is, taking BF3 as an example again, the weapons and bullets "feel" heavier and like they have more substance than COD. I don't know it's hard to explain. And the pace of the games are very different. I don't find that there are a lot of campers in BF, people just aren't rushing like in COD. If you play BF like you play COD you're going to fail, just like if you play COD like you play BF you're going to fail. They each require different tactics.
Yeah I get what you are saying. Idk, if I could get a group of ppl where I could play tactically I would prob enjoy BF3 more but too many ppl don't know how to play objectives. It's all preference anyway. All I really care about is something with good graphics and no bugs/lag. Now if BO2 would of done a beta test they prob wouldn't have so many issues
Old 12-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #17
AZrider19
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:

This is definitely one reason why BF3 is so much better. the weapons are actually some what close to real. like full auto actually has muzzle rise. and then my favorite part of BO2, the no scope sniping standing straight up with a 50bmg... god i would pay a lot of money to see someone try that haha. also in COD or BO2 every map is so tiny, i hate it. theres no point in having a team, because theres never any strategy, just people running around like idiots shooting each other in the back. to me its boring as hell.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #18
jdlandry06
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iptydafool View Post
my biggest complaint is knifing people, it's just absolutely horrible. I could be standing right behind someone camping and magically I miss. dafuq 0_0
Yes definitely this too. Terrible. I battled some kid the other night we each knifed each other at least 3 times but couldn't get the kill. One of my teamates ending up running in and shooting the kid.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #19
jdlandry06
Knee Dragger

Also now that i stated hot i hate this game, i just turned it on. Ha. still determined to get diamond camo
Old 12-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #20
Honda East Toledo
Official Dealer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Guy at gamespot was like whats wrong with the game and why are you bringing it back? Going back to battlefield 3 I told him.
Honda East Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #21
sk33m101
BOTM Winner 11/13

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Re: Black Ops 2

Never played bf3 but I like black ops if anyone has ps3 and plays my gamertag or whatever is sk33m101

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

check out my 08 build..its
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=164887
sk33m101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #22
nickmal47
Knee Dragger

Black Ops 2

Anyone get the new map pack? Worth the money?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
nickmal47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #23
Baltimoron
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmal47 View Post
Anyone get the new map pack? Worth the money?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I got it. But I bought the season pass to save a few bucks. The levels are pretty cool.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 02-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #24

I have the season pass and yes its worth it .:)
Sesso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #25
Disco
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 84 reviews
I was really into the first black ops for a while. The new one seems about the same but a bit worse. I don't care for the new maps and I was expecting way better weapons and perks, they suck.

I traded in old games I never play for it, so I dont feel too ripped off.

www.cyclesector.com
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #26
JohnDoubleR
Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
I was really into the first black ops for a while. The new one seems about the same but a bit worse. I don't care for the new maps and I was expecting way better weapons and perks, they suck.

I traded in old games I never play for it, so I dont feel too ripped off.
Feel the same way. Mw3 fan boy still here. Gamestop blows on trade ins though.

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

JohnDoubleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #27
jdlandry06
Knee Dragger

I'm a big fan of the original black ops or all the COD ive played. Ive been trying to d/l the map pack since the release and finally got it to work last night. Haven't played yet tho
Old 03-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #28
Honda East Toledo
Official Dealer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Pissed me off enough to sell it on Craigslist and go back to MW2 and MW3.
Honda East Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #29
lownslo600
AMA Supersport Racer

Yeah Treyarch will never get another dime for me. That game was nothing but false advertisements.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #30
JerseyCBR
Pocketbike Racer

Sounds like you guys weren't very good at the game......

1.93 K/D Ratio and still going up! Don't think it's a bad game to be fair, it's good in it's own rights as is MW3. With different developers you've gotta accept different takes on the game, it's normal.

I've always been a hardcore COD fan, and a better than average player (without sounding big headed) and enjoyed everygame with the exception of MW3. I found every gun was too powerful and had no time to react if I was shot first, that's it - dead.

The infected game type was sick though!

Aprilia RS125 2008 (2010 - Present)
Honda CBR600RR 2003 ( August 2012 - Present)
JerseyCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement