Kriega US-10/20/30 how did you fit the loop? : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Welcome to 600RR.net > Helmets, Leathers, Boots & Gloves

Helmets, Leathers, Boots & Gloves Discuss and ask questions about your gear here

Sponsored by SportbikeTrackGear

Old 01-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
Domia
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Kriega US-10/20/30 how did you fit the loop?

Hello guys,
i've just received a kriega us-20 pack and i would like to know how have you fitted the loop straps under the passenger seat.
What part of the frame have you used to anchor the four loops?
Thanks!
Domia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
Maaku
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hey, I just posted this and more in another thread, but remembered seeing your message. I'll just copy and paste it here - others can ignore if they've already seen this:

Here's what the straps look like when I take off the seat - I really don't care how I pack them because I use the back to store anything:

To attach the bag, you'll need to move them over the sides before putting the seat on:

Here's the attachment strategy I've used for the 2 front straps - way more solid than attaching stuff to the seat imo like other bags. You'll need pliers or extremely small hands to do this:

And the 2 on the back are attached to the fairing bit that surrounds the bolts - it's a little slacker here because these are attached only to the fairing, not the subframe, as I recall:

Here's what it looks like with the straps tucked away and no bag - it's like there's nothing there - this seat is by LuiMoto:

Last edited by Maaku; 01-03-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Maaku is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maaku For This Useful Post:
Domia (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
Domia
Knee Dragger

what?! finally an italian 600rr rider!
tomorrow i will try to do something like that, i will use the pack to go the university(milan) carrying some heavy stuff, have you already tried to ride with it full of stuff? how is it?
I will need to carry a viro chain(8kg) plus my 15" laptop and some books; in the past months i was using a pretty cheap stuff(decathlon bag payed 5) and was a pain everyday due to the movements of the bag.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
Maaku
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domia View Post
what?! finally an italian 600rr rider!
tomorrow i will try to do something like that, i will use the pack to go the university(milan) carrying some heavy stuff, have you already tried to ride with it full of stuff? how is it?
I will need to carry a viro chain(8kg) plus my 15" laptop and some books; in the past months i was using a pretty cheap stuff(decathlon bag payed 5€) and was a pain everyday due to the movements of the bag.
Hey, hey, yes, I live in Milan, too - I'm not Italian and my language skills are a little limited, but very happy to meet a fellow rider here. There are a few other guys here on the forum that appear occasionally, but I guess they're more active on an Italian board.

I usually use my US10 for day trips to pack some water, a little food, disc lock and some other stuff. I've used the US20 and put my 2 chains - I don't know how much they weigh, but it's about 3m of chain so quite heavy and a bunch of other stuff was in it as well. I haven't had problems on short trips.

The bag's stable when you strap it down tight. I tighten the 2 on the front strongly because they're attached to that solid piece of metal and the 2 on the back are snug, but not super tight. The bag won't slide around when full, but with a heavy object like a chain, I think the weight could shift so be careful how you pack it. I was paranoid it was going to fall off the first time I used it on the day I got my bike (200km trip). Make sure you roll it tight and close all 3 Fastex attachements to be sure nothing comes out. I'd try it without the laptop a few times first... , but I wouldn't expect any problems.

By the way, here's the other thread in case there are some useful ideas there for you:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294997

Last edited by Maaku; 01-03-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:17 AM   #5
scr1be
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wait, can you show me a picture of the kriega tail pack ON your bike, but not packed?

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to strap the bag down if nothing is in it. It is not thick enough to take up the slack, so the alloy hooks are not on tight...

I hope you understand what I'm saying. When I try to explain to Kriega, they're like ???.

two bros. slip on : tripage fender eliminator : tripage hugger with leds : integrated tail light
: shogun frame sliders : vortex spools : dark smoke puig double bubbl : ddmtuning 35w 6000k HIDs : watsen flushmounts : oem solo seat cowl : vortex cat5 sprockets : -1 : 520 conversion : d.i.d. gold chain : carbon fiber tank pad : techspec tank grips : black powdercoated rearsets

my build: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=203724
scr1be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:15 AM   #6
Maaku
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr1be View Post
Wait, can you show me a picture of the kriega tail pack ON your bike, but not packed?

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to strap the bag down if nothing is in it. It is not thick enough to take up the slack, so the alloy hooks are not on tight...

I hope you understand what I'm saying. When I try to explain to Kriega, they're like ???.
If you set it up like mine, you can cross the straps over under the seat to use up more of their length, then tie them. You could also cross them over the bag on top again if you still have problems. It wouldn't even need to be strapped down too tightly if it's empty. If it's the US20, you could probably just use the messenger bag strap and wear it.

Last edited by Maaku; 10-16-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:29 AM   #7
rinonz
Pocketbike Racer

I do the front 2 like what Maaku does. Fitted to the metal frame thingy.

The rear 2, I combined them and did like what they do for Ducati 848 on the instruction http://www.kriega.com/template/downl...t_A4_WEB-1.pdf

I've carried 2 x 700ml water bottle, standard tool bag, tyre pump, tyre pressure gauge in the US10.

Driven it on the mountain and it doesn't move.

2012 CBR600RR Build Thread http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=392145
rinonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:31 AM   #8
Domia
Knee Dragger

Just made this pic:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...CvYiIZHKhs&v=3
In this way you need simply to pull the straps and lock them with the clips. To remove the pack just remove the hooks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement