Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

'05 CBR600rr Custom Mod thread

8K views 33 replies 8 participants last post by  pierce 
#1 ·
Well, after about 9 months of trying to convince myself to start modifying my bike it has started.
Firstly i met with the guy who was going to respray my fairings, the son of the guy who owns said garage, who fortunately is a good friend from back in my school days.
We went through colour ideas (I was origionally thinking red and blue) but eventually decided on Orange (my favourite colour) and black.

Cool…colours decided, hard part over…I thought!

We move to the design stage and take a pen to my bike as it was (as below) and mark out where the different colours will go.

A couple of hours pass and we all have different ideas on what will look best and I can’t make my mind up but eventually we have a plan marked out.
So i leave him to do his thing.

A week later i return to find the rear fairings well under way:

Rear Hugger

its more of a pearscelent orange, it changes shade in different lighting but my phones camera isnt the best, and a sparkly glossy black.

From here i decided it would be best to out the PigSpotter 2 mirrors as I've out grown them, fill the holes so the front fairing is all flush and i bought a CRG Arrow bar end mirror. This also gives me more space to put a racing number or any decals i decide on...

Since the beginning of this project, i have bought some belly pan sponsor decals, a new set of honda wings stickers, accent lights from Joe Florida, a rear seat cowel, personal number plate (S16K RR), black aluminium mesh (to cover holes in fairings), an alarm with remote start (I know ill get slated for the remote start but its not about practicality or I wouldnt be doing this build) and new pair of Bridgestone Battlax BT-016 Pro (spent ageesss on the Bast*@#s with the white tyre pen but worth it in my opinion)

I believe the front fairing has been started now and im going to check up again on Friday and will update the thread next week.

Will also need to find some time to install the alarm, the LED accent lights and the mesh.

I was thinking about getting angel eyes too and was looking at BKmoto (i know hes a user on here) but i cant justify the price. Maybe on my next bike though...

Will update this post as and when. Hopefully she'll be ready for a couple of the big bike runs first being April 1st.

Hope you enjoy

Pierce

See less See more
#10 ·
Not much movement on the project in the last week, the front fairing has been taken off, where the mirrors were before has been filled in and made flush to the fairing so it looks as though there was nothing ever there and is ready to be sprayed :D

I'm away from tonight until Sunday but will have a couple photos for net week!

Also, has anyone altered their sprocket set up? Can you reccomend a good sprocket/chain? I would happily sacrifice some top end speed for some accelleration!!

#11 ·
So here is the bike as it stands in the garage without fairings and looking very cold with the old number plate on!

And here is the progress so far on the front fairing where the mirrors have been filled, cut and made flush with the rest of the fairing. This will leave more room for decals and make it look a whole lot more like a track bike.

I plan on getting off work early on friday so i can sort out the new number plate and lend a helping hand at the garage over the weekend as it is starting to drag now.:banghead:

#12 ·
Also I want to add lots of stickers to the bike as they make a big difference for not much $$.

I was thinking racing stripe like the following (ignore the decals around the stripes). Whats your guys opinions?

I know its a yamaha but i like the idea of the stripe going through the bike starting at the nose and finishing at the tail and on both mudguards too. Just my opinion :lol:

#16 ·
Has anyone evr mounted a GoPro onto their bike? i want to keep it off of my helmet really and now would be a better time than any to get a mount onto the bike. im thinking one right on the front where the mirrors used to be or maybe the swingarm or rear fairing (but my body would get in the way)?
Any help would be appreciated...

#23 ·
Yep it is! Lovely car, been in the workshop for a while now though.

Swingarm and wheels will be done tomorrow, all the stickers are on and have taken a half day off on Thursday to go and help with the last finishing touches. I'll have to remember to bring my good camera and get some photos of it 'hot off the press' :rocker:
Just in time for a big bike ride on Monday! Buzzing!

#26 ·
at long last, the wait is over...admittidly it was finished this time last week but due to work and life getting in the way i havent gotten round to updating the thread.

well here you go, i hope you like it even half as much as i love it. Top job IMO

adding the finishing touches here:

all done and in the over ready to go:

Finished product:

The money shot:

Hope you enjoy...

#28 ·
ye the hyperflo sounds amazing and i havent seen another one yet. its a little bit more expensive but its super easy to install yourself. mines been on a year now and i still love it...i would recommend it! i chose it because it doesn't stick out as far as other exhausts i've seen and i've always like the look of the double exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.