Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

HighOnLakai Build Thread

5K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  highonlakai 
#1 ·
Here's a quick peek to my build thread... I didn't go all out but thought I'd share some pics of my bike and post what I put on er.

I still have to get all the pics together and stuff :shakehand so I'll try get some up by the end of the week or next week.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
#5 ·
Good looking bike brosiden!

#13 · (Edited)
some finished pics;

this is probably the only bad fitment from the aftermarket fairings. it hasn't affected anything at all.

Tripage LED is perfect and fits amazing. I thought it was going to be super loose but was surprised with it. It costs a bit more than your other folks but is definitely worth the extra cash spent.

Got the rimtape in the mail a few days ago and wow, this stuff is super hard to put on. I guess it isn't hard, just time consuming and one has to use patients. I'd highly recommend taking your time on this because the outcome is well worth it. I fcked up a few times but it still looks awesome...

Pre-rim tape;

I've seen a lot of Konica builds and most/ some, get the lighter blue. I was thinking about it, but thought, f**k it! I'm going to go a different route and try a darker blue. The guys at the local powder-coating shop hooked it up. what do you think?

#14 · (Edited)
GBRacing casings;

Well, here she is ....:shakehand

One can see that I rattle canned the rear sets but it was all I could fit into my budget atm. I'm looking at Gillies but that won't happen till winter. I thought about powder coating them and have decided not too because of the long winter we had; and not having my bike for two weeks would suck.

The two women in my life :spank:

#17 · (Edited)
update on Kpower Fairings.

They're holding up alright. I have over 1000kms on them and there's only a few minor chips which were made by myself (they chip easily), but I wanted to touch up on the bolts which came with the fairings (painted black). They are good bolts but the paint came off instantly, so don't get them painted any color. It's a waste of money.

another point I want to make on the fairings, is the plastic piece which attaches to the tank is terrible and the black paint which they sprayed it down with is rubbing off on my white and red leathers (f***k!). I was going to use the OEM but sided not too (big mistake). use as much OEM plastics!

and the side of the tank is beginning to fade from the constant rubbing. it's black and doesn't show up that much but is noticeable.

#18 ·
#21 ·
Nice bike. De like the darker blue wheels and white tape, different than everyone else. Yes rim tape is def a pain in the bum and takes patience. Also. It's hard when u come around and have to connect the two. As to get it completely straight is almost impossible. Well atleast for me it was.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
thanks! I wanted the rims to be a darker blue and it worked out :shakehand

the rim tape is such a pain but was worth the it in the end. And mine isn't that straight and i had to double back a few times. "As to get it completely straight is almost impossible." :+1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.