Temp Fender Eliminator...cheap mod. : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Technical Talk > 03-06 RR Modifications

03-06 RR Modifications 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 Modifications

Old 01-04-2007, 07:22 PM   #1
NraGed
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Temp Fender Eliminator...cheap mod.

I am saving for a couple of flush mounts and a new pipe. I love the look of the new Jardine Dual coming (http://www.jardineproducts.com/stree....php?idNews=22), but it is not yet available, and I have not got the bread yet....Xmas hangover$$$. Anyways, I thought in the meantime, I would lose the hideous stock fender on the back of my bike. I really dont want to lose the whole thing until I get the new pipe, and therefore not spend any cash on a temporary Mod. So I took it all apart, and modified the plate bracket (number 16 in the picture).

I then painted it satin black, and reattached it higher up. I had to cut my plate light, but want it back...so i have purchased the LED plate screws (http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/122-dot.htm). My buddy has an 04' RR, and got stopped for no plate light...just a warning, but i am sure they were checking the bike for ownership?

Looks much better until I get some cash saved and spent?

Last edited by NraGed; 01-04-2007 at 07:56 PM.
NraGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
RedFireRR
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I did pretty much the same thing to mine. Stripped the rear bracket naked. Makes a nice cheap clean up I think..

+Scott's Damper
+GPR Ti Full Exhaust
+OEM Rear Cowl
+PC3
+CRG Gold Shorties

"DUDE SHUT UP!!!!! My friend just crashed last week on his blue 04 600rr pulling a wheelie (i tought him how)" -- RedlineX
RedFireRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:16 AM   #3
chrism67177
Knee Dragger

looks good! at least you dont have to worry about your blinkers running fast!
SHOGUN FRAME AND SPOOL SLIDERS
OEM REAR SEAT COWL
YOSHIMURA RS-5 CF W/ CF CONE
chrism67177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:18 PM   #4
my600istight
Knee Dragger

thats it? all you have to do is to modify a bracket that is already there. then why do ppl get $100 kits? any special tools needed to do this? i want to cheaply get rid of the eye sore on my bikes tail.
-1 front

U.S. Marine Corps. '98-'03 HMM-166
my600istight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #5
Turkish
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey i was wondering can any led aftermarket turn signals fit on the fender where the stock blinkers are...like if you were to take off those big turn signals could any other blinkers bolt right in that.?? Thanks
Old 04-13-2007, 10:59 AM   #6
Nixinus
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
"I then painted it satin black, and reattached it higher up. I had to cut my plate light, but want it back...so i have purchased the LED plate screws (http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/122-dot.htm). My buddy has an 04' RR, and got stopped for no plate light...just a warning, but i am sure they were checking the bike for ownership?"

Can you post some pics of the plate lights? I am interested in getting something to illuminate my plate but do not want to hard wire anything in, might be chaning it out when i get exhaust...Let us know how bright they are.
Nixinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement