Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2007/2009 slip on interchangeability?

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Certi 
#1 ·
I see that new exhausts (like the two bros for example) are labeled as the same part for 2007, 08, 09, etc. My question is, is the yoshimura slip on from a 2007 able to be used on a 2009?

#2 ·
i know there are some different slightly different curves in the mid pipe for the 09 model, someone posted up here a mid pipe from an 07 and 09 and were slightly different. This makes me wonder how two brothers makes it work for every year, the fitment has to be slightly off for one of the years im thinking.

#8 ·
I disagree. I use to have a akra 09+ on my 08 with no issues one bit. All that does not line up is the bolt to the sub frame so I never putit since it has more support on the can itself from the carbon fiber piece that bolts on the the subframe as well.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Motorcycle.com App

#10 ·
BUMP

Does anyone have a definitive answer about whether a 09+ Akra link/mid pipe will fit a 07/08? Some people say yes, others no. :confused1
It sounds like they're saying it will, you just won't be able to secure the bracket on the mid-pipe. I had to leave that bolt off for my Scorpion as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.