Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody!
It’s crazy that I found a whole site just dedicated to CBR600RR’s! I’m new to the bike world (as far as riding goes) but this site definitely makes me feel like I made the right choice in my bike! I recently purchased a used 08’ & I wanted to know if anybody had any suggestions on things to modify the bike to improve overall quality and appearance of the bike? Things like the lights or anything else om the bike? The bike came with a Yoshimura exhaust on it already so that parts covered. I already purchased new mirrors cause the ones already on it were scratched and dingy, new clutch and brake levers to replace the basic silver ones, no-cut frame sliders and under-glow lights. Eventually I think I may change the fairings but tbh the bike already looks bada$$ to me for now lol.

Also, any recommendations for which gas to use as well as oil preference in regards to best performance for this bike? Want to make sure this bike is well maintained for years to come!
4BB94C93-5508-4148-9ACA-880F28F02FA9.jpeg

·
Registered
2018 S1000RR Blue/White/Carbon 2015 R3 Red/White 2006 CBR600RR (blacked out)
37 Posts
Nice purchase! Welcome to the forum, i'm sure you'll find lots of help on here from members who know these bikes well.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Welcome. I've had this same color scheme on one of mine.

Any oil that's JASO certified will make her last forever, which is all oil labeled for motorcycle use. Just avoid car oil labeled "energy conserving" (which is most car oil).

Premium gas is recommended for these today, though at the time I believe the manual said 89 US octane (midgrade). Your motor will let you know if it doesn't like the gas you're feeding it by making metallic 'pinging' sounds.

One upgrade you may want to look at is an integrated tail light (TST makes good ones and they also have very nice plug and play front signals). Cleans up the rear end real nice.

·
Super Moderator
1,791 Posts
Welcome to the group! Which part of the world are you in?

@atvkid4eva posted up his TST bundle kit up for sale for a pretty good deal. You can see it here: TST Industries Parts Bundle

If you're interested in stainless steel brake lines or some gear, there's plenty of vendors on the forums or you can reach out to me directly!

Reactions: Savage600RR

·
Registered
372 Posts
Just to be clear, the signals on that TST bundle are not what I was referring to. Those are the Chinese el cheapos. About $5 if you can wait a couple weeks from China. I've bought them many times and never had a problem. They're cheap, not necessarily junk.

TST sells some really cool signals that have a halo light around them as long as bike is turned on, powered by the running light circuit. You can choose the color of the halo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts