Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is faster than I want it to be, but I'm curious what stock bike times are for my '08. I've googled but can only find "personal best" times from various forums. Nothing on factory specifications. I would think these times are important for people in the market for sportbikes, so why aren't these posted anywhere? Maybe I just don't know where to look?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And also, when people are talking about their 0-60 launch times, is that mph or ft? Never been to the track with a bike or car so I have no idea.

·
Registered
619 Posts
My bike is faster than I want it to be, but I'm curious what stock bike times are for my '08. I've googled but can only find "personal best" times from various forums. Nothing on factory specifications. I would think these times are important for people in the market for sportbikes, so why aren't these posted anywhere? Maybe I just don't know where to look?
ummm well most of us 600 riders don't plan on drag racing our bikes. yea, we will race our buddies ninja or something, but theres more to our bikes than going fast. if you wanted that, a busa would suit you. personal bests are what i would go by. whole point of racing is to get your personal best.

same in the car industry, a c6 z06 was rated at mid 11's. I personally saw a guy run 10.9 stock with a z06 with the dealer sticker on.

·
Registered
383 Posts
1/4 times and speed vary, all depends on rider experience, track altitude, track condition, corrected time or not, etc..
So you really can only use bike mags 1/4 performance as a baseline for what can be accomplished. If I remember correctly my 1/4 performance was in the 11.3 [email protected]

·
Registered
383 Posts
ummm well most of us 600 riders don't plan on drag racing our bikes. yea, we will race our buddies ninja or something, but theres more to our bikes than going fast. if you wanted that, a busa would suit you. personal bests are what i would go by. whole point of racing is to get your personal best.

same in the car industry, a c6 z06 was rated at mid 11's. I personally saw a guy run 10.9 stock with a z06 with the dealer sticker on.
Yup.
In my 96 Corvette LT4 I ran a [email protected] in my completely stock right down to the OEM air filter and used up OEM tires. Car mags showed the car running a bit slower. Good thing I kept my times slip and had other club members there to witness it. At our monthly club meetings those members who were not there did not believe it. :banghead:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, I realize times will be different based on skill level, road conditions, etc.. They also vary for cars but they always list these times in car magazines and even on brochures/websites. I always thought they just found the best driver they could and posted the best time, but I guess not if members here have better times.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Nah they don't use the "Best" rider or driver.
Here is a list for motorcycles 1/4 times. Again this is one bike mag getting their own results.
http://www.sportrider.com/performance_numbers/146_motorcycle_performance_numbers/index.html

Times will be different if another mag did their own runs. If times are really off they usually will state in the articles a reason why. But you won't see that explanation in the charts.

I was also going to post the 1/4 times for an 08. Can't find it at the moment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts