Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend has a 02 red SV 650 with roughly 20000 miles. Last year the rear tire locked up which caused him to skid about 42 feet standing up. He has no idea why, moved it to the garage and there it still sits.

The bike is in great shape with only a crack in the rt rear behind the seat. It has an FE and comes with a rack and hard saddle bags.

I am about 85% sure that I am going to pick it up just because of the price and I could always part it out if it ends up costing me more than it is worth to fix. I should know that once I start at the transmission. Since he took such good care of the bike, I cannot imagine it being a seized motor. But what do I know.

"What do you think?" I still have to get the ok through the wife :spank:so I guess I am using you guys and your infinite knowledge to encourage her to say yes. It would be a good bike for her as well. Of course that is only if it can be fixed cheap.

Crash

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I've personally seen a 2002 SV650s last over 100K hard ridden street, track and part time stunting miles. Damn things are bullet proof.

I had a 01 SV650s and put at least 30K hard driven street and track miles on it.

$500? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
200 Posts
do it, no brainer

·
Registered
118 Posts
I wouldn't give it a second thought about buying it. I had a 2nd gen and it was blast to ride. Easy enough for beginner, but has enough power that you won't need another bike to upgrade to. The low end torque was also great for daily riding.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Makct...... I am not telling you, you're only 15 min away from the bike.

I guess I am going to have to pick it up since i just found the service manual on my desk at work. This is going to be fun!

Thanks for the support. As for the wife, I guess I'm just going to ask for forgiveness again and say "I got it just for you babe".

·
Super Moderator
6,484 Posts
Makct...... I am not telling you, you're only 15 min away from the bike.

I guess I am going to have to pick it up since i just found the service manual on my desk at work. This is going to be fun!

Thanks for the support. As for the wife, I guess I'm just going to ask for forgiveness again and say "I got it just for you babe".
LMFAO!! Selfish Bastid!!! :gun1:

But meng... we gotta ride sometime...

I'm still down to buy that thing if your having second thoughts... :drunk::crackup:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Makct...... I figured traffic and the fact you may not know the area on the shore line very well. I should just give out hints and see who gets it first, seeing as it is not a need but a good deal dropped in my lap.

I have been planning on getting over in your direction but seeing as how I finally get to spend time with the kids, I am limiting my therapy.

I should be ready to pick up the bike by Sat. I will let you know if I get it. The guy just wants it out of his garage. He is a stand up guy as I know he takes pride in taking care of stuff.

·
Super Moderator
6,484 Posts
I don't really need the bike... If anything I'd only buy it so I have something to work on... I like little projects...

I just saw an awesome deal for an 02 RC51..... I'm tempted... I don't need it but I sure do want it!! LOL....

BTW the shore is almost an hour away from me....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts