Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm shipping out my head lights to get worked on and it will take up to a month until I get then back. what I would like to do is set up temporary headlights without rigging up a flashlight or something of that nature.

I would buy a second set of headlights and just ship those out so when I get them back, I can install them and only take apart my front end once. but after a little research I realize that it was not worth 500 dollars to buy a second set only to sell them again for maybe half my investment.

More importantly I noticed that the 03 04 and I think 05 headlights for 600s were a lot cheaper and affordable and of similar shape compared to the 07 08 09 headlights. So I am wondering if it is possible to take the 03 headlights and take them apart to where I could rig them in the 09 front end set up.

I realize they are not meant to be compatible but I was wondering if anyone has compare the 2 sets in person to see if it would work as a temporary setup. Any and all input is appreciated!

also if someone could recommend where I could purchase a high or low beam headlight for the 09 600 4 very cheap I would appreciate the input, even if they are damaged as long as it works.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
no it wont work, ever, they are different sized and are totally mounted different

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me be clear, while these lights would be in place they would be possibly zipped tired on. Obviously they would not bolt on, my question is for instance are the oem conections similar, or they would need to be hard wired, or are they close enough in size where they might fit inside the fairings and can be zip tired together in place. I'm not looking fit a clean look. Just a functioning light

1 - 4 of 4 Posts