Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...after calling up Dynojet asking why my PC3 wasn't loading maps (it's done this for a while, I just load tables instead of the map), they tell me the PC3 is for an 03-04. I have an 05-06. The only down side I guess is I can't send 05-06 maps, only tables. So there won't be any notes or ignition data, just the fuel data.

Anyone know if I should stick with the 05-06 maps and just send the table. Or should I give the 03-04 maps and actually upload the full thing. Personally, I don't see why there would be a problem with pushing 03-04 maps to a 05-06 RR. Should be the same ECU, engine etc....right?

Opinions / thoughts?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
My thoughts, if it was the same, there wouldnt be different part numbers for the ecu's and motor. As well as the pc3!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would make sense....if no one was in the business of making money.

I confirmed it through a couple dyno shops out here. They had connections with Dynojet and called up their tech guy. They confirmed that there wouldn't be any issue. I am not suprised the Dynojet tech guy that I talked to would not confirm it as he had never heard from me and has no relationship with me to give me a straight answer.

Bottom line is, unless I start trying to modify the engine to try and break records, Ill be fine.

So for anyone who happens to run into this same situation...here's an answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts