Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after going through different R/R's and 3 batteries I am at my wits end on fixing the same problem coming on 3 times now. I've heard of creating a heat shield, but recently more research has lead me to a company called Rick's Motorsports that creates a mosfet R/R that is suppose to be more heat resistant. anyways I went ahead and ordered one but Im still interested in either heat shielding or relocating it if possible has anyone done this before? This seems to be a common issue for 03-04 rr's and i have yet to find a well documented approach with pics.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Check this out

·
Registered
3 Posts
So after going through different R/R's and 3 batteries I am at my wits end on fixing the same problem coming on 3 times now. I've heard of creating a heat shield, but recently more research has lead me to a company called Rick's Motorsports that creates a mosfet R/R that is suppose to be more heat resistant. anyways I went ahead and ordered one but Im still interested in either heat shielding or relocating it if possible has anyone done this before? This seems to be a common issue for 03-04 rr's and i have yet to find a well documented approach with pics.
the rectifiers that come with the bike suck and all of the cheap plug and play ones you find on ebay come from china and they suck too. Look into wiring up the shindengen mosfet FH020AA, its really simple and has the best internals of any rectifier. Has to be the official shindengen made in japan. I had problems with stock ones burning out and almost 2 years later this one is still kicking and mounted in the oem location. Wiring up is simple the AC lines can go to whatever connector on the ac side, doesnt matter. And just route negetive wires to negative and positive to positive side of the DC connector. This is the best rectifier you can get for your bike I can probably get pictures of mine later today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts