Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2004 cbr that I bought wrecked and put new skinz on. I'm going to tear the bike down this winter and convert the plastics and front end to the 05/06 style. The way is looks all i need, is a new upper, tail, subframe. Could someone point out if this is right? Also as far as the front end, obviously the new fork legs, and calipers are a must, but to i need new upper and lower triple trees? And will i need a different front wheel, and axle?

·
Registered
323 Posts
theres really no point in doin the tail unless you're planning to get a 05-06 exhaust. but i think you gonna need new upper, air ram, fork, triple, clip on.. i think thats it. but you can sell me some of those parts if u gonna do the 05-06 conversion.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to be building a custom exhaust the exits in near the right rear set, similar to the new r6 and make a custom undertail, so my exhaust is handled. What parts are you interested in? The plastics are factory honda pieces in black.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
snailracing said:
I'm going to be building a custom exhaust the exits in near the right rear set, similar to the new r6 and make a custom undertail, so my exhaust is handled. What parts are you interested in? The plastics are factory honda pieces in black.

cool,make sure you post pics.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I considered buying the newer style bike but, i got a great deal on my bike wrecked and when i figured out the price it worked out well to just sell my good 04 pieces and start new with 05/06 pieces this winter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts