Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 with 27k miles, no engine mods.
It bucks in all gears and at most rpms, the engine never bogs or dies... The bike never did this before last week. It idles smooth and accerates fine, just holding the throttle in one position while riding and the bike starts to buck. Any ideas?
Im gonna change the plugs, air filter element this weekend to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
First thing to come to mind would be the clutch. If you havn't swapped it out yet in that many miles it's more than likely slipping.

It wouldn't hurt to swap out the other things you have mentioned either if you havn't with that many miles.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TOMIMOTO said:
First thing to come to mind would be the clutch. If you havn't swapped it out yet in that many miles it's more than likely slipping.

It wouldn't hurt to swap out the other things you have mentioned either if you havn't with that many miles.
That is what I was thinking, but the bike still pulls strong and I can launch from a stop hard without the clutch slipping??? IDK.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CollegeRider said:
Could you be more specific on the motion of the bike? Do you still have the stock chain and sprocket on? Tension ok?
I changed my chain at the end of last season, the sprocket is fine... I checked the chain tension its fine too.

IDK how to discrible the motion of the bike other then "bucking"... its like rev'ing the engine quickly over and over again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Solved! I had a frozen link in my chain!?! I replaced it tonight and everything is good.
thanks all.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Lurker said:
Solved! I had a frozen link in my chain!?! I replaced it tonight and everything is good.
thanks all.
Ah good to know..I'm gonna take the R6 for it's maiden voyage since being rebuilt soon and it's been awhile and the chain looks suspicious...So now I know what it is if it starts buckin..COol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts