Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently aquired a 03 cbr 300rr which had a shifting issue. I suspected the retaining tab for the shift spindle was missing or broken so today i took the side cover off and started digging out clutch parts, until i got to...the clutch center bolt (dun dun duuuuh). Spending $150 on a clutch center holder that ill only use once (hopefully) isnt up there on my list of things to do. So i was wondering if i could put the bike in a high gear (4-6) and have someone stand on the back brake while i take and impact to the clutch center nut. this should lock the clutch center and allow my to remove the nut, I just want to make sure it wont toast the transmission. I know these bikes have less than 94 ft-lbs of torque stock so i dont know if the tranny could take it. Any help would be much appreciated

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
You should be fine with it in gear and the brake on, however I wouldn't go using an impact wrench to remove it. Just take to it with a breaker bar with an even pressure to prevent damage caused by shock loading.

And the gearbox can handle quite a bit more than 94 ft-lbs.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Do as Nico recommends. I also rested the clutch holder tool (Motion Pro) on the foot peg and then took the bolt off using a large torque wrench with the settings on max.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Just make sure you unstake the nut before trying to remove it, just needs a small screwdriver and a hammer to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts