Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ok i have the EXACT same problem, thanks to this thread i found out what was wrong with my bike, now ... what size was the resistor ? i went to Radio Shack but that was pointless since it was hard to tell
so if anyone knows the size id really appreciate it

·
Registered
254 Posts
What resistor??? It confounds me how electrical issues are so strange to most people.
Call Tripage for help! Consider him electrical Batman...at least in this case. :cruising:

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Not a resistor, its a diode, looks something like this:

3V zener diode, not sure of the power rating that you require but if you go for 1W you should be fine - but no promises.

PM Tripage to get the right one.

Are you sure that the diode is the issue? Was it caused by putting in a new ignition switch or has your fuel pump just stopped working?

·
Registered
31 Posts
yea im pretty sure it is
but i have no idea where to get one locally =/
and tripage never replied my PM or email.

that diode is connected to the pink wire that goes to the ECM from the ignition and get no power, so ECM wont start Fuel Pump and Spark, I wish i could bypass it but i really cant i think =/

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the info Riker. I got a voltmeter on my way home last night and tested the diode, it was shot. Luckily I already had some, so I soldered a new one in, flipped the switch, and the fuel pump kicked right in! :banger: I took her around the block last night and she ran great. I was so glad to see it was a blown diode and not the ECU or something. Just so you know, the diode looked fine, you visually could not tell it was blown at all so hopefully its the same case with you. Do you mind if I take you up on that owner's manual? I have been looking around and cant find one for free. I would really appreciate it man, just let me know. Good luck with everything bro, let me know how it turns out...
Hey I'm having the same prob can some one send me a pic of how it should look plz

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey I'm having the same prob can some one send me a pic of how it should look plz
it looks just normal when it's blown. TEST it with meter to solve your problem.

Thanks for the info Riker. I got a voltmeter on my way home last night and tested the diode, it was shot. Luckily I already had some, so I soldered a new one in, flipped the switch, and the fuel pump kicked right in! :banger: I took her around the block last night and she ran great. I was so glad to see it was a blown diode and not the ECU or something. Just so you know, the diode looked fine, you visually could not tell it was blown at all so hopefully its the same case with you.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts