Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
03 600rr keeps shutting off [Solved]

hi guys, my 2003 Cbr is acting weird...when i turn it on (ignition key to on position) everything is fine. I give the engine power, I hear things priming, and hit the start button and everything goes as normal. Then all the sudden the idle sounds really rough but it stays afloat. I try to take off and the bike just shuts off, electronics and all. Then its a toss up if the electronics come back on or not...and if they do the oil light is on. Anyone have any idea what could be causing something like this? This is my first bike and I know very little about how it works...

Thanks

Edit: So I fixed the low idle problem (just turned the knob)

now I have a better idea of the problem though, when i lean the bike or move it just right is when everything shuts off. I think the oil light issues are just a result of some messed up wires that keep turning everything on and off....time to find the short I think

was just a battery terminal not on properly

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also when I was riding it prior to this it did something similar where it was acting like i was rolling the throttle back and forth and jerking around before stalling out but I wasnt moving...

(forum wont let me edit my post so sorry for reply to my own thread)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Make sure to check battery connections and ground, sounds simple but saw my friends bike do something like this, and it was a loose battery terminal connection, and he thought it was something major. also check you
tip over sensor, I don't think it would make your electrical components to completely stop working, but it will kill the ignition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts