Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 03 600rr with 21xxx miles and notice strong gas fumes from tail pipe. I've been told when I get on it hard it smoke very very little like a whitish or darkish ( that's why I said very little ) but runs strong and doesn't do anything out of the ordinary. Any help would be thankfull.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Try to take a video.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Agreed, try to take a video, but it might be difficult if there isn't all that much smoke coming out. And is it white smoke or dark smoke? Cause those are caused by two different things.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can try to take a video but when I'm off the bike and give it a few hard revs I don't see anything at all but just smell a strong gas smell from exhaust. When I adjusted my throttle slack could I have done it to much to where it's letting alittle more gas in

·
Registered
342 Posts
I can try to take a video but when I'm off the bike and give it a few hard revs I don't see anything at all but just smell a strong gas smell from exhaust. When I adjusted my throttle slack could I have done it to much to where it's letting alittle more gas in
The throttle doesn't really control how much fuel goes into the engine. Instead it controls how much air is going into the engine (if its like any other engine). So I wouldn't think adjusting the throttle cable would do that. If the bike is running fine, I don't think I'd worry about it. Its more likely that the bike is burning just a bit of oil and puffing some white smoke every now and again. My exhaust smells kinda like gas too. At least it doesn't compare to the smell of my car exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts